Donations needed for two 37 marker DNA kits

  • Connie Mac
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9 6:08 PM
      We have located descendants of THOMAS GILLESPIE and wife ELEANOR of
      Augusta Co. VA through their son WILLIAM and his sons SAMPSON and ROWLAND.

      A descendant of ROWLAND had agreed to take the DNA test and we are
      hopeful that a descendant of SAMPSON will also take the test. I
      should know on Saturday as I will be attending the reburial of Pvt.
      ROWLAND GILLESPIE in West Virginia. I am taking DNA kits with me.

      Researchers believe that THOMAS GILLESPIE of Augusta Co. VA is a
      brother to WILLIAM and ROBERT GILLESPIE of GROUP 2 - the first
      generations of the rifle makers. The DNA tests will allow us to
      confirm or disprove the family connection, and also to identify the
      DNA of one of the four THOMAS GILLESPIES that lived in Augusta Co. VA
      during the early 1700's.

      Each 37 marker DNA kit costs $189 and we need two kits to test this line.

      You can contribute to the GENERAL FUND for the Gillespie DNA Project
      at the website for the DNA project. Any amount will be a big help.

      You can follow the link to the website at the top of this Yahoo page
      in the introductory section. When you get to the Gillespie website
      you will see a link on the left side of the page "CONTRIBUTE TO THE
      GENERAL FUND." Contributions are accepted through PayPal and are
      managed by Family Tree DNA. We will draw from the funds to pay for
      the DNA kits.

      Thank you,
      Connie McKenzie
      Gillespie DNA Project Administrator