Silas Gillespie

  • sharonharris33
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2005
      My family background is thru Silas and James earlier on.
      My family history says we were og Scottish-Irish background and that
      James Gillespie around 1770 on the way to America his son Silas may
      have been born on Bluford Island?? I cannot find this Island. I think
      it may be Beuford Islands off SC
      I have
      Silas Gillespie born 1770-1750 married Polly Emeline Nial
      Had son James Wilson Gillespie born 1784-94(1788)
      Any Info? I have a whole list but not sure where all this fits in?
      Sharon Harris
    • Connie Mac
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 28, 2005
        --- In GillespieDNAProject_discussion@yahoogroups.com, "sharonharris33"
        <sharonharris33@m...> wrote:
        > My family background is thru Silas and James earlier on.

        Hello Sharon,

        Welcome to the DNA Project site. Which DNA test kit represents your
        family?

        Connie
      • McMahan
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
          Hi Connie,
          I just returned from my Clan Macpherson meeting in Albany and
          the editor of the Clan magazine, The Urlar, said that if you'd
          write an article about the Gillespie DNA project he would put
          it in the next issue.  Gillespie is the most common member's
          name in the Clan except for McPherson. The magazine also goes
          to Scotland.  I'm  going to seek permission to place the
          info on the Macpherson ListServe which is worldwide.
          Hopefully this will help find those "links" that we all seek!
          Scots aye,
          Marty
          (Kit 32917)

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
            --- In GillespieDNAProject_discussion@yahoogroups.com, "McMahan"
            <gwyllion@c...> Marty wrote:the editor of the Clan magazine, The Urlar,
            said that if you'd write an article about the Gillespie DNA project he
            would put it in the next issue.

            Hi Marty,

            This is wonderful news! What is the deadline for the article? I am in
            the middle of selling my house so things will be getting pretty busy
            here in the next few weeks - I'll have to move out at the end of the
            month.

            I was hoping that we could get Clan MacPherson involved in the DNA
            project.

            Connie
          • McMahan
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005
              The deadline for the next quarterly journal
              is Dec.1. We have several Macphersons who are
              interested in a DNA project.  There has also
              been a lot of interest in Scotland via the
              ListServe.  We need to get the Scottish
              Gillespies involved also!
              Marty