Re: Tabitha Gillespie & William Melvin Wilson Co. TN

  • Connie Mac
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2006
      I did some research on TABITHA GILLESPIE and WILLIAM MELVIN in
      Wilson Co. TN on Monday and Tuesday. I still don't know who their
      parents were, but there are stong indications that they are both
      related in some fashion to my family lines in both Sumner Co. TN and
      Washington Co. TN.

      I was hoping to find a will/probate for someone that would list
      TABITHA or WILLIAM, but found nothing. There was an 1827 property
      inventory for a THOMAS MELVIN but no will/probate.

      I did find WILLIAM/TABITHA on the 1850 census for Wilson Co. TN
      living in District 1 near the Cumberland River very near Sumner Co.
      TN. WILLIAM was 40 and TABITHA 33.

      Now another interesting find and a connection to the folks up in
      Washington Co. TN is that CHARLES DUNGWORTH/DUNSWORTH bought and
      sold land in District 1 near Spencer's Creek - near the Cumberland
      River between 1802 and 1804. My own DUNSWORTH family married into
      the MELVIN family in Washington Co. TN. And DNA testing has
      connected my GILLESPIE family to the GILLESPIES in Washington Co. TN.

      So although I can't place TABITHA P. GILLESPIE or AMANDA ANN
      GILLESPIE (who married NATHAN A. CLAMPETT) into my family at this
      time - TABITHA certainly is surrounded by my GILLESPIE/MELVIN and
      DUNSWORTH ancestors.

      I'll keep checking for you.