      From: "gillespiejm69@..." <gillespiejm69@...>
      To: GillespieDNAProject_discussion@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:15 AM
      Subject: Re: [GillespieDNAProject_discussion] Re: DNA Kit # 122884 - Group 2

      Hi, I live in Pickens, SC and there its much mystery about the origin and lineages here. I'm a member of group three and my family has been here for many generations. My family supposedly didn't arrive in the Pendleton district of SC until the 1830's but I found records that the property in Garvin Township, that my grandfather grew up on, was owned by a Gillespie in the 1790's. There have been several marriages between groups of none related Gillespie' s here as well. Is there anyone with any information about this area who would be willing to share?

      Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

      From: gil mac
      Date: 10/16/2012 12:57:32

      Sir, do you have any idea of who are last common ancestor was from the group 2 Gillespie family? Also, do you know if Lucy Pickens was related to General Andrew Pickens. He was from Bucks County Pennsylvania and she lived there for a while.

      Also, I found a reference to a Gillespie rifle that is on display in Kentucky and is purported to have Daniel Boone's name written on it. Is that a fake or the real deal? http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/pageload.cgi?1019::gillespie::2067.html

      Thanks

      Gil