      From: James
      Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 11:08 PM
      Subject: [GillespieDNAProject_discussion] Re: Hand carved slate headstones by David Gillespie

      I just saw this message. David is the son of James Edward Gillespie & Jane McCombs Gillespie. James just DNA tested. He is from the Group 3 Gillespies. He descended from William (1795) to Greenlee (1824) to Graham (Gray) Franklin (1872) to Jay (1895) to Calvin (1925) to James (1948) to David (1979).

      David carves some beautiful slate tombstones and James carves wooden bowls.

      Jane McCombs Gillespie

      --- In GillespieDNAProject_discussion@yahoogroups.com, "lairdkinna" <lairdkinna@...> wrote:

      > http://pumpkintownprimitives.com/index.html
      >
      > David Gillespie is a slate headstone carver - plus other colonial items made by this Gillespie family. Also check out all the links including Group 2 - Gillespie Rifles T. Dennis Glazener.
      >
      > This has given me an idea of how to solve a problem with one of my own Gillespie ancestors with a very old broken headstone.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Connie
      >
      > The Gallery section under slate headstones has photos of this Group 2 Gillespie stone.
      >
      > >>This stone is being carved to replace a stone for John Gillaspie that was destroyed or stolen in the 1930's. The graveyard is located in East Fork, NC near East Fork Baptist Church. The graveyard is just over the hill from the home and gunshop of the first known Gillespie gunsmith.<<

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic