655Group 2 Erie Co., PA Gillespies

  • twoarchys
    Feb 2, 2010
      I have been looking at the Erie County bunch, and there seems to be multiple lines. I am not sure if they were all related or not. I descend from John Gillespie (c1802-3/21/1894) (Armagh Co., Ireland-LeBoeuf Twp., Erie Co., PA) and his wife Sarah Wheeler/Weeling (c1807-(1880-1900)) (Ireland-LeBoeuf Twp., Erie Co., PA). The DNA testing has shown that I am connected with Thomas Gillespie (c1778-(1820-30)) (KY-Green Twp., Clinton Co., OH) and Hugh Gillespie (c1776-5/25/1846) (KY-Fairfield Twp., Highland Co., OH) who married sisters in Harrison Co., KY, and were probably the sons of Thomas Gillespie (c1754-7/22/1815) ( -Green Twp., Clinton Co., OH).

      Another Gillespie line in Erie Co., PA, were the descendants of Samuel Gillespie (c1691- ) (Armagh Co., Ireland-Orange Co., NY) who came to America in 1743. His son James Galespy moved to Chesterfield District, SC. His son George Gillespie was reportedly one of the earliest settlers in KY. His sons Matthew and Samuel mostly stayed in Orange Co., NY, but Samuel had a son named William who had children that moved to Erie Co. Specifically, Cyrenus Gillespie. Has anyone who descends from this line taken a DNA test? If so, were they connected to Group 2?

      There were also other lines in Erie Co., PA. The lady who had the info on my ancestor John also has info on a Samuel Gillespie (5/12/1799-4/12/1874) (Armagh Co., Ireland-Summit Twp., Erie Co., PA) that might be related. There was also a James Gillespie who married Mary McCrobert, and a Thomas Gillespie who married Ellen Larmer. Does anyone have any links to any of these families?

      Mark
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic