504Re: [GillespieDNAProject_discussion] Help - Family Tree Maker

  • Earl Gillespie
    May 5, 2008
      Large "Families" are Great & A Golfing Gillespie

      1) I asked not long ago for some help from the "family" regarding the family history software with which I was having difficulty.   I got a reply from Susan Gillespie with an offer of assistance and alternatives I might use.  It seems I often overlook the obvious, and Susan pointed it out for me.  Problem solved - 5 years of data recovered - wife smiling again.

      I don't know where I could have gone as easily as the Gillespie "family".  My thanks to those who replies & especially Susan.

      Yes, "Geek Squad Rules!"
      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

      I was in Sarasota and piucked up one of those "see the sights" magazines.  Saw the following short article.  Don't know whom this might interest, but I'd rather pass it along unnessicerlty than now share it:

      Almost 100 years ago Florida golf was born and the first course was built right here on the Suncoast. Sir John Hamilton Gillespie, a Scottish colonist and aristocrat built the nine-hole course in Sarasota, though it no longer exists, it paved the way for numerous championship and signature courses throughout the region.

      Today thecounty's most historic golf property is the Bobby Jones Golf Complex, a municipal course owned and operated by the city of Sarasota. Many of the area’s courses weave through beautiful marshes, woods and lakes offering abundant glimpses of wildlife. With advanced tee times, convenient driving ranges, practice putting greens, and over 50 public and private courses in the region, you can hit the greens 365 days a year. Whether you've mastered - the game or are just learning, you'll want to grab your shoes and clubs and head out to the links

      Earl Gillespie

      Earl Gillespie <earl1gillespie@...> wrote:
      My wife has recorded an extensive family archive on “Family Tree Maker”  v 5.0a for win 95.   As you can see by the age of the version, she’s used it quite a while – which is unfortunate because it was damaged when I had data transferred from and older PC drive to a newer, larger drive.   I am certain I have the data but the FTM software will not accept and repopulate the system with the .FBK or .FBC files.    Nothing I’ve done seems to restore the data, although I’m pretty certain it still exists.

      Is there anyone out there who has had a similar difficulty and can offer a solution?  We plan to go to the newest version of  “Legacy” but the prior years of data on FTW probably cannot be recreated from scratch.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanx,

      Earl Gillespie