453Re: [GillespieDNAProject_discussion] Anyone with the spelling "GILLESPEY"?

  • Connie
    Feb 8, 2008
      Hi Stephanie,

      DNA test or not, you are very welcome in our group.

      Do you have any more details on your Gillespie ancestors?  Knowing what counties they were in will be helpful.

      My great-grandmother was a Gillespie so I had to find a distant male Gillespie cousin to take the DNA test for my line.  He was actually the first Gillespie to be tested for this project.

      Is there any chance that you could locate a distant cousin?  There are so many different and unrelated Gillespie lines, that some times, DNA is the only way to know for sure which family is yours/ours.

      Again, welcome and I hope you find some answers,
      Connie
      Gillepspie DNA Project Administrator

      vclicquot2001 <sswilkins@...> wrote:
      While I am not a valid member of the DNA group. My paternal
      grandmother was a Gillespey, so not an easy line for us to document,
      DNA-wise, I'm hoping that I might be able to find out more on this
      line here. I haven't had any luck anywhere else, unfortunately.

      My great grandfather' s name was Clyde Baldwin Gillespey b. 14 December
      1886 in Missouri. I do not have his death date. His parents, according
      to my web research are Abel T. Gillespey b. 1858 in Ohio and Ada B.
      Payne b. 1862 in Virginia and d. 1931.

      Does this sound at all familiar to you? I would appreciate any info or
      suggestion for finding out more.

      Thanks for your time,
      Stephanie