Biedenkopf, Hesse

  • glofran
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2008
      I am attempting to find church records for a George Dreher, b. 3
      November 1836 in Biedenkopf, Hesse. I know from other information that
      I have that he was Evangelical, but I don't know if it was Evangelical
      Reformed or Evangelical Lutheran.

      Does anyone know of a list or web site that could tell me what
      Evangelical churches were in existence in Biedenkopf in 1836?

      glofran
    • washmokatie@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2008
        Hi Glofran:

        Here is what is available on microfilm from the LDS Mormon church:

        Place
        Germany, Preußen, Hessen-Nassau, Biedenkopf
        Topics
        Germany, Preußen, Hessen-Nassau, Biedenkopf - Church records
        Germany, Preußen, Hessen-Nassau, Biedenkopf - Civil registration
        Germany, Preußen, Hessen-Nassau, Biedenkopf - Guardianship
        Germany, Preußen, Hessen-Nassau, Biedenkopf - Probate records
        Germany, Preußen, Hessen-Nassau, Biedenkopf - Public records

        When you click on church records here is what you get:

        Topic
        Germany, Preußen, Hessen-Nassau, Biedenkopf - Church records
        Titles
        Kirchenbuch, 1717-1893 / Evangelische Kirche Biedenkopf (KrSt. Biedenkopf)
        Kirchenbuchduplikat, 1808-1874 /
        Evangelische Kirche Biedenkopf (KrSt. Biedenkopf

        You also can try this website:

        http://www.ekd.de  - This is supposed to be a portal to all the web sites of various Lutheran synods in Germany. I have not used it much so don't know how to find things on there but perhaps some one else has used it and can tell you.

        Last but not least, here are the websites for the town (very cute) and the Evang. Church in the town.

        If you need some help on ordering microfilm etc. post another message.

        Kathy W.