Schluter/Schlueter Research in St. Louis

  • germansinstlouismo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2008
      Karl Friedrich Schlu(e)ter married in St. Louis 1857 at St. Peter's Ev.
      Church (today on Stein Road); In 1859 fathered one son, Bap. at St.
      Peter's Church; Died January 1860 & buried at St. Peter's Cemetery (on
      Lucas & Hunt Road); Cannot find "church" burial record; believe to have
      found listing on 1860 MO Census "mortality schedule"; associated names
      Henry Nunnenkamp (Nonnenkamp); Carl (Charles) Knickmeyer (Knickmeier)
      and Charlotte Schnittger; Wish to locate exact town of immigration...
      Vielen Dank
    • Kathy
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 22, 2008
        Hi:

        Looks like you have tried the best documents to find german hometowns,
        the marriage or baptismal record. Have you seen the actual churchbook
        entries? If so, I wonder about checking perhaps the witnesses or
        godparent names, they were usually relatives or friends from the
        hometown, you may find a document on them that mentions the german
        hometown.

        Do you have any idea what area of Germany (i.e. Bavaria, Prussia etc)?
        I have a website that has an emigrant database of people who left from
        the Southwest of Germany you can try. http://www.auswanderer-bw.de/
        Click on the English button on right hand side.

        Let us know what you have tried and maybe someone else has a suggestion.

        Kathy W.

        -- In GermanSpecialinterest@yahoogroups.com, "germansinstlouismo"
        <germansinstlouismo@...> wrote:

        > Karl Friedrich Schlu(e)ter married in St. Louis 1857 at St. Peter's
        Ev.
        > Church (today on Stein Road); In 1859 fathered one son, Bap. at St.
        > Peter's Church; Died January 1860 & buried at St. Peter's Cemetery
        (on
        > Lucas & Hunt Road); Cannot find "church" burial record; believe to
        have
        > found listing on 1860 MO Census "mortality schedule"; associated
        names
        > Henry Nunnenkamp (Nonnenkamp); Carl (Charles) Knickmeyer (Knickmeier)
        > and Charlotte Schnittger; Wish to locate exact town of immigration...
        > Vielen Dank

      • davebe22
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 29, 2008
          I'm part Schlüter, but I do not know how common or widespread the name
          is throughout Germany. Mine were from the Bakum/Melle area.

          There are also some Schlueters in the St. Charles Co. and Lincoln Co.
          area. You might want to see if any of those folks are researching
          their ancestry. Maybe there's a link or clue to be found with them
          that could help.

          Dave

          <germansinstlouismo@...> wrote:

          > Karl Friedrich Schlu(e)ter married in St. Louis 1857 at St. Peter's Ev.
          > Church (today on Stein Road); In 1859 fathered one son, Bap. at St.
          > Peter's Church; Died January 1860 & buried at St. Peter's Cemetery (on
          > Lucas & Hunt Road); Cannot find "church" burial record; believe to have
          > found listing on 1860 MO Census "mortality schedule"; associated names
          > Henry Nunnenkamp (Nonnenkamp); Carl (Charles) Knickmeyer (Knickmeier)
          > and Charlotte Schnittger; Wish to locate exact town of immigration...
          > Vielen Dank

        • Carol and Joe Marlo
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 30, 2008
            Hi,

            I have a Johann Peter Schleuet (with no "er"), born about 1670 in Ebersheim (MYK) Hesse.  Reply to me at my private e-mail address if I can help you.

            Carol Marlo

            <germansinstlouismo @...> wrote:

            > Karl Friedrich Schlu(e)ter married in St. Louis 1857 at St. Peter's Ev.
            > Church (today on Stein Road); In 1859 fathered one son, Bap. at St.
            > Peter's Church; Died January 1860 & buried at St. Peter's Cemetery (on
            > Lucas & Hunt Road); Cannot find "church" burial record;
            believe to have
            > found listing on 1860 MO Census "mortality schedule"; associated names
            > Henry Nunnenkamp (Nonnenkamp) ; Carl (Charles) Knickmeyer (Knickmeier)
            > and Charlotte Schnittger; Wish to locate exact town of immigration. ..
            > Vielen Dank

          • KA Ridgeway
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 21, 2009
              I believe I have located my Schlueter in Kreis Minden-Luebbecke in Westfalen... Where are your Schlueters? Perhaps there is a connection... Vielen Dank

              <germansinstlouismo @...> wrote:

              > Karl Friedrich Schlu(e)ter married in St. Louis 1857 at St. Peter's Ev.
              > Church (today on Stein Road); In 1859 fathered one son, Bap. at St.
              > Peter's Church; Died January 1860 & buried at St. Peter's Cemetery (on
              > Lucas & Hunt Road); Cannot find "church" burial record; believe to have
              > found listing on 1860 MO Census "mortality schedule"; associated names
              > Henry Nunnenkamp (Nonnenkamp) ; Carl (Charles) Knickmeyer (Knickmeier)
              > and Charlotte Schnittger; Wish to locate exact town of immigration. ..
              > Vielen Dank

            • davebe22
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 22, 2009
                Bakum/Melle.

                --- In GermanSpecialinterest@yahoogroups.com, KA Ridgeway
                <germansinstlouismo@...> wrote:

                > I believe I have located my Schlueter in Kreis Minden-Luebbecke in
                Westfalen... Where are your Schlueters? Perhaps there is a
                connection... Vielen Dank

                St. Louis