Re: Johann Eleth von der Jacobsmuehle

  • meyerwalter49
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 6, 2008
      I have recently found new information that indicates the name should
      be Johann Ehler von der Jacobsmuhle. This from a late birth
      certificate dated 29 August 1840 regarding the birth of Johann. His
      father's name was written as Karl von der Jacobsmuhle with no evident
      last name. The mother is listed as Erlfirvius Margaretha (nee
      Wherner). Johann was born in Magelsen in the district of Hoya. The
      document was created to grant Johann a furlough from his service in
      the royal cavalry.

      I have had little luck finding records of Magelsen and Hoya either
      online or in the films in Family History Library. Any thoughts on
      where I could look next? Would there be a record of Johann's military
      service in Hannover?
    • genealogy800
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 10, 2008
        Wed, 10 Dec 2008

        Good News!

        Have located Hoya and Magelesen.

        Auto Atlas 1986/87
        2812 Ni 42 Ka 32

        Hoya 4 churches
        go north to next big town: Verden
        1/2 way betwen these two towns is Magelsen

        I believe this is in the Hannover, Prussian area of Germany

        Now before Magelsen is Hi.- . which there is a church there also.

        Hoya is north of Nienburg.

        A similar map is located at FHC (Frontenac off Clayton- in middle room
        in three ring notebook).

        _______________________________
        _______________________________

        --- In GermanSpecialinterest@yahoogroups.com, "meyerwalter49"
        <meyerw@...> wrote:

        > I have recently found new information that indicates the name should
        > be Johann Ehler von der Jacobsmuhle. This from a late birth
        > certificate dated 29 August 1840 regarding the birth of Johann. His
        > father's name was written as Karl von der Jacobsmuhle with no evident
        > last name. The mother is listed as Erlfirvius Margaretha (nee
        > Wherner). Johann was born in Magelsen in the district of Hoya. The
        > document was created to grant Johann a furlough from his service in
        > the royal cavalry.
        >
        > I have had little luck finding records of Magelsen and Hoya either
        > online or in the films in Family History Library. Any thoughts on
        > where I could look next? Would there be a record of Johann's military
        > service in Hannover?

      • genealogy800
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 10, 2008
          Wed, 10 Dec 2008

          I'm back with more good news!

          Did a drive around the neighborhood, so as to say.

          Using familysearch.org> library > Library Catalog >
          Place> Putting the bigger towns in space to see what
          I could find.

          1. Verden - 1725/1733 list Uhle- Neu- muhlen(with 2 dots over u).
          Could this be the time period where they didn't have surnames.
          Does Jacob + s + muhle (n) come from these areas north of Verden =
          Neumuhlen.

          eg. In Sweden: Ander the first generation
          Ander + s = son of Ander = the second generation
          Ander + s + son = Andersson = son of Anders = the
          third generation

          b. Not sure what prefix Uhle- or Neu- mean at this time.

          2. Dorverden (south of Verden)

          3. Martfeld ( west of #2 ) 1852 census/ pt.6 Magelsen including
          Alvesen, Dahlhauser, Obernhude, & Oiste.
          b. Maybe other records might be at Martfeld on Magelsen.
          ____________________________
          ____________________________

          --- In GermanSpecialinterest@yahoogroups.com, "genealogy800"
          <genealogy800@...> wrote:

          > Wed, 10 Dec 2008
          >
          > Good News!
          >
          > Have located Hoya and Magelesen.
          >
          > Auto Atlas 1986/87
          > 2812 Ni 42 Ka 32
          >
          > Hoya 4 churches
          > go north to next big town: Verden
          > 1/2 way betwen these two towns is Magelsen
          >
          > I believe this is in the Hannover, Prussian area of Germany
          >
          > Now before Magelsen is Hi.- . which there is a church there also.
          >
          > Hoya is north of Nienburg.
          >
          > A similar map is located at FHC (Frontenac off Clayton- in middle
          room
          > in three ring notebook).
          >

          > _______________________________
          > _______________________________
          >
          > --- In GermanSpecialinterest@yahoogroups.com, "meyerwalter49"
          > <meyerw@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have recently found new information that indicates the name
          should
          > > be Johann Ehler von der Jacobsmuhle. This from a late birth
          > > certificate dated 29 August 1840 regarding the birth of Johann.
          His
          > > father's name was written as Karl von der Jacobsmuhle with no
          evident
          > > last name. The mother is listed as Erlfirvius Margaretha (nee
          > > Wherner). Johann was born in Magelsen in the district of Hoya.
          The
          > > document was created to grant Johann a furlough from his service
          in
          > > the royal cavalry.
          > >
          > > I have had little luck finding records of Magelsen and Hoya
          either
          > > online or in the films in Family History Library. Any thoughts on
          > > where I could look next? Would there be a record of Johann's
          military
          > > service in Hannover?

        • genealogy800
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 10, 2008
            Wed, 10 Dec 2008

            Royal Military Service Information:

            familysearch.org > library > library catalogue > place: Hannover >
            Military> 372 hits

            300 Hannover, Armee. Koniglich (double dots over o) . Deutsche Legion.
            (Several more)(Konig = king //+ reich = kingdom)
            ( Deutsche = German)
            (Legion = 1,000 groups of military men)

            {just my guess, without checking it out!}
            Stammrolle, 1813-1816, Hoya

            military- 1765-1794, Hannover. Armee. Hann. 74 Hoya
            military- 1849. Armee. Hann. 826 Hoya