Looking For Exler

  • Dorothy
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2008
      Anton Exler came from Bavaria looking for information on who werw his
      parents sister brothers boat port know to live in Covington Ky. in the
      1859 to 1862 to Missouri WIFE WAS Agnes Feldmann and three sons born in
      1852 1854 1857 in Ky.Just looking for information church birth death
      and newpaper from 1862 at that year Dorothy
    • supertruckercb
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2008
        I Don't know what kind of info you have on this family in Missouri,
        but you might check catholic church records for the parish St. John
        the Baptist in Villa Ridge, which is close to Washington, MO in
        Franklin County. I have family from that parish and have come across
        both the Exler and Feldmann name frequently including Anto Exler. The
        county library has all these records on microfilm.

        Charlie
      • washmokatie@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9, 2008
          Dorothy,

          I live in Washington, MO and volunteer at the Family History Center there and at the Washington Historical Society.  If you have names and dates of when this family lived in MO and think they lived in Washington at any time, I will check some of our books.  Have you found them in census records in MO?

          Kathy in Washington

          supertruckercb <supertruckercb@...> wrote:
          I Don't know what kind of info you have on this family in Missouri,
          but you might check catholic church records for the parish St. John
          the Baptist in Villa Ridge, which is close to Washington, MO in
          Franklin County. I have family from that parish and have come across
          both the Exler and Feldmann name frequently including Anto Exler. The
          county library has all these records on microfilm.

          Charlie

        • genealogy800
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 9, 2008
            Dorothy,

            Census Work:
            1870 Union P.O.,Union twp, Franklin Co, MO
            Antone Exler, 35 yrs,b.1835 in Bavaria, farmer
            wife: Augusta Exler, 34 yrs, b.1836 in Baden

            C-1 Mary Exler 12 yr, b.1858 in MO
            C-2 Sophia Exler 10 yr, b.1860 in MO
            C-3 John Exler 8 yr, b.1862 in MO
            C-4 Bernard Exler 6 yr b.1864 in MO
            C-5 Mimima Exler 4 yr b.1866 in MO
            _____________________________________

            1880 Union, Franklin Co, MO
            Anton Exler, 55 yr, b. 1825 in Germany, Hannover/prts: Germany
            Adlite Exler, 45 yr, b.1835 in Germany, Hannover/prts: Germany

            C-1 Joseph Exler, 16 yrs, b.1864 in Ky/prts.Prussia
            C-2 Agnes Exler, 12 yrs, b. 1868 in MO/prts.Prussia
            C-3 Anna Exler, 8 yrs, b. 1872 in MO/ prts. Prussia
            C-4 Herman Exler, 4 yrs, b. 1876 in MO/{NEPHEW}/prts: Hannover

            same household:
            Rengel Minnie ,30 yrs, b.1850 in Prussia, Merchant/prts:Prussia
            Mary ,28 yrs, b.1852 in Prussia,

            C-1 Joseph 3 yrs b.1877 in MO
            C-2 Dina 1 yr b.1879 in MO

            Joseph Minnie 32 yrs b.1848 in Prussia, Boarder
            ________________________________
            1900 Union, Franklin Co, MO
            Anton Exler 79 yrs, b.June 1820 in Germany/prts: Germany/
            widow/owns house/Immigrated 1848, been here 52 yrs. Naturalized.
            ________________________________
            Adlite Exler died {1880 to 1900} near Union, Franklin Co, MO
            ________________________________
            Anton Exler died after 1900 Census
            Add'l records:
            Will, Probate, Chancery, Newspaper obit, church records, Coronor
            report, Death Registration, Funeral Home, Family member might have a
            memorial card of funeral. Paul Bearers were usually relatives.
            Land Records, Plat Maps of Franklin Co.
            _________________________________

            To go back to pick up male children:
            1900 Union, Franklin Co, MO
            Herman Exler 25 yr b. Jan 1875 in MO, married 1 yr
            Mary Exler,wife, 28 yr b.April 1872
            zero children thus far

            Kattie Riceber, servant, 18 yr b.April 1882 in MO/prts:MO
            _________________________________
          • genealogy800
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 9, 2008
              Covington,Kenton Co, KY
              Next to Newport and Woodlawn
              Interstate 71 and Interstate 471
              Could be across the Ohio River from Cincinnati,Ohio
              {To large a file to wait for Dial download}
              ______________
              {feeding from what Charles said- Catholic Belief}
              Diocese of Covington
              www.covingtondiocese.org
              ________________
              http://www.uky.edu/kentuckyAtlas/Ky~covington.html
              provides an overview, brief history, a map,& population of the
              community.
              _________________
              http://www.familysearch.org
              Covington, Kenton Co, KY
              1. Catholic Church: Mother of God
              Film:1976915 Item 2-7 1842 - 1862
              2. Catholic Church: Catheral Basilica of Assumption
              Film: 1976870 Item 1 Bapt. 1850 - 1905
              Linden Grove Cemetery Caretaker's Record
              1036700 Item 1 -5
              Also, a book was produced. 225 pages.

              Catholic web provides free resources for Catholic Dioceses, Church,
              Schools & Organizations including free websites, email, hosting, support