Re: [Geoengineer] I am looking a Geotech.job in USA

  • arnel caalim
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 4, 2004
      i am currently enrolled in MS geotechnical engineering
      here in the philippines. i may not be able to help you
      searchning for a possible job in Us. instead, i would
      like to ask a favor from you.

      im finished with my academic units and thsis is my
      only problem right now. liquefaction potetial
      assessment of reclamation areas is my topic in mind. i
      just want to ask if you could help me regarding this
      matter.

      thank you very much. God bless...

      --- k1972103 <k1972103@...> wrote:
      > Hi all friends.
      > I am a canadian. I got master degree in Geotech. and
      > trasportation
      > Engin. from Asian institute Technology(AIT)in
      > Bangkok Thailand.
      > I have spent many years in lab. in a university of
      > Taiwan.
      > Now I am looking for other jobs in USA. Please let
      > me known if you
      > find any job chance for me. I do not care of how
      > much the payment is.
      > I will appreciate you if you help me.
      > John Kuo

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • debasis barman
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 4, 2004
        dear friend,

        I can provide the websites of geotechnical companies of USA if u want,

        Regards,

        Debasis

        k1972103 <k1972103@...> wrote:
        Hi all friends.
        I am a canadian. I got master degree in Geotech. and trasportation
        Engin. from Asian institute Technology(AIT)in Bangkok Thailand.
        I have spent many years in lab. in a university of Taiwan.
        Now I am looking for other jobs in USA. Please let me known if you
        find any job chance for me. I do not care of how much the payment is.
        I will appreciate you if you help me.
        John Kuo

        Please inform your colleagues about the Group.

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • debasis barman
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 4, 2004
          Dear Friend,

          You can view the website www.geoengineer.org, here u will find some literatures by Prof. Paul Mayne (Technical paers & books section), www.liquefaction.com,

          Cheers,

          Debasis

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Please inform your colleagues about the Group.

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Janardhanan G
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 5, 2004
            Hello

            I seen your query, i can help u out for this problem, let u know ur problem in detail. I have worked with DST, Govt. of India, in bringing out the startegy paper SEISMIC MICROZONATION.  in that publication sixth chapter totally devoted to liquefaction potential assessment you can look into that if you have access.

            with regards
            jana

            jana
            As you think as you become - Sri Ramakrishna

            G.Janardhanan
            Teaching Research Associate
            Division of Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
            College of Engineering, Guindy
            Anna University, Chennai, India
            Ph No. 044-22203227 (O), 044-28594677 (R)
            visit .http://www.gvjana.s5.com

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • ANGELITO MONTE

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 6, 2004
                Hi dear Debasis
                please give them to me. they should be helpful. I
                thank you so much.
                John

                --- debasis barman <debasis_barman@...>
                的訊息:> dear friend,

                > I can provide the websites of geotechnical companies
                > of USA if u want,
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Debasis
                >
                > k1972103 <k1972103@...> wrote:
                > Hi all friends.
                > I am a canadian. I got master degree in Geotech. and
                > trasportation
                > Engin. from Asian institute Technology(AIT)in
                > Bangkok Thailand.
                > I have spent many years in lab. in a university of
                > Taiwan.
                > Now I am looking for other jobs in USA. Please let
                > me known if you
                > find any job chance for me. I do not care of how
                > much the payment is.
                > I will appreciate you if you help me.
                > John Kuo
                >

                > Please inform your colleagues about the Group.
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                Yahoo!奇摩Messenger6.0
                信箱搭配即時通, 溝通樂趣無窮!
                http://tw.messenger.yahoo.com/
              • kuo peter
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 6, 2004
                  Hi dear Debasis
                  please give them to me. they should be helpful. I
                  thank you so much.
                  John --- debasis barman <debasis_barman@...>
                  的訊息:> Dear Friend,

                  > You can view the website www.geoengineer.org, here u
                  > will find some literatures by Prof. Paul Mayne
                  > (Technical paers & books section),
                  > www.liquefaction.com,
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  >
                  > Debasis
                  >
                  > arnel caalim <arnel_caalim@...> wrote:
                  > i am currently enrolled in MS geotechnical
                  > engineering
                  > here in the philippines. i may not be able to help
                  > you
                  > searchning for a possible job in Us. instead, i
                  > would
                  > like to ask a favor from you.
                  >
                  > im finished with my academic units and thsis is my
                  > only problem right now. liquefaction potetial
                  > assessment of reclamation areas is my topic in mind.
                  > just want to ask if you could help me regarding this
                  > matter.
                  >
                  > thank you very much. God bless...
                  >
                  > --- k1972103 <k1972103@...> wrote:
                  > > Hi all friends.
                  > > I am a canadian. I got master degree in Geotech.
                  > and
                  > > trasportation
                  > > Engin. from Asian institute Technology(AIT)in
                  > > Bangkok Thailand.
                  > > I have spent many years in lab. in a university of
                  > > Taiwan.
                  > > Now I am looking for other jobs in USA. Please let
                  > > me known if you
                  > > find any job chance for me. I do not care of how
                  > > much the payment is.
                  > > I will appreciate you if you help me.
                  > > John Kuo

                  > protection around
                  > http://mail.yahoo.com
                  >

                  > Please inform your colleagues about the Group.
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                  Yahoo!奇摩Messenger6.0
                  信箱搭配即時通, 溝通樂趣無窮!
                  http://tw.messenger.yahoo.com/
                • arnel caalim
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 7, 2004
                    its more on correlating spt test to liquefaction
                    potential analysis... could you help me with my
                    thesis?

                    thanks and God bless...
                    --- Janardhanan G <gvjana@...> wrote:
                    > Hello
                    >
                    > I seen your query, i can help u out for this
                    > problem, let u know ur problem in detail. I have
                    > worked with DST, Govt. of India, in bringing out the
                    > startegy paper SEISMIC MICROZONATION. in that
                    > publication sixth chapter totally devoted to
                    > liquefaction potential assessment you can look into
                    > that if you have access.
                    >
                    > with regards
                    > jana
                    >

                    > janaAs you think as you become - Sri Ramakrishna
                    > G.JanardhananTeaching Research AssociateDivision of
                    > Soil Mechanics and Foundation EngineeringCollege of
                    > Engineering, GuindyAnna University, Chennai, IndiaPh
                    > No. 044-22203227 (O), 044-28594677 (R)
                    >

                    > visit .http://www.gvjana.s5.com

                    http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                  • ANGELITO MONTE
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 7, 2004
                      yes, i can help you with your thesis concept.
                      what office are you at intramuros? what time can i dropby?

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 7, 2004

                        Dear Sir/Madam,

                        Presently I am in vacation, so so far I remember I am giving you,

                        www.haywardbaker.com

                        www.bechtel.com

                        www.craworld.com

                        www.amec.com

                        www.pbaworld.com

                        www.marinoassoscaites.com

                        As I join office I can provide u more, so mail again after a week,

                        Cheers,

                        Debasis

                        Do you Yahoo!?
                      • kuo peter
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 9, 2004
                          Dear Debasis

                          Thanks to you
                          god bless you and your families.

                          respecfully yours
                          John of Vancouver

                          --- debasis barman <debasis_barman@...>
                          的訊息:>
                          > Dear Sir/Madam,
                          >
                          > Presently I am in vacation, so so far I remember I
                          > am giving you,
                          >
                          > www.haywardbaker.com
                          >
                          > www.bechtel.com
                          >
                          > www.craworld.com
                          >
                          > www.amec.com
                          >
                          > www.pbaworld.com
                          >
                          > www.marinoassoscaites.com
                          >
                          > As I join office I can provide u more, so mail again
                          > after a week,
                          >
                          > Cheers,
                          >
                          > Debasis

                          Yahoo!奇摩Messenger6.0
                          信箱搭配即時通, 溝通樂趣無窮!
                          http://tw.messenger.yahoo.com/
                        • debasis barman
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 10, 2004
                            Respected John,

                            It's ok! Anyway go through the sites www.asfe.org/www.astm.org, here in the Member page, there are lots of Geotechnical Companies listed as members,

                            I will be glad if u keep in touch always coz I also work in India in Geotechnical Engineering,
                            Cheers,

                            Debasis

                            Do you Yahoo!?

                          • ANGELITO MONTE
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 10, 2004
                              Hi Folks,

                              Does anybody have a copy of Braja Das Soil Dynamics book?

                              May I know please the last word on page 660?

                              Thankx

                              debasis barman <debasis_barman@...> wrote:
                              Respected John,

                              It's ok! Anyway go through the sites www.asfe.org/www.astm.org, here in the Member page, there are lots of Geotechnical Companies listed as members,

                              I will be glad if u keep in touch always coz I also work in India in Geotechnical Engineering,
                              Cheers,

                              Debasis

                              Do you Yahoo!?

                              Please inform your colleagues about the Group.

                              Do you Yahoo!?

                            • Eugene Leo Lapore
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 15, 2004
                                Arnel,

                                Are you doing your MS in UP? Do you plan to make a scale model or just literature research?

                                Regards,

                                Engr. Lapore

                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 16, 2004
                                  sori for not replying to your emails, its been very
                                  busy here in mapua.maybe you could give me details on
                                  how we could work on to our thesis. thanks... god
                                  bless...

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                                • ANGELITO MONTE
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jun 17, 2004
                                    Hi Arnel,

                                    As per advice by Dr. Aurelio, we should gather data first.
                                    As for me, I plan to consider plasticity as a parameter for liquefaction evaluation.
                                    Maybe we could share resources, like technical papers and journals.
                                    Have you explored geoengineer free journals?

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jun 18, 2004
                                      i havnt explored it yet sir... il be meeting dr.
                                      aurelio by saturday here in mapua intramuros campus.
                                      im more interested in studying liquefaction potential
                                      of reclamation areas here in manila. any idea sir
                                      where i could get borehole datas? any contact sir?
                                      thanks...

                                      --- ANGELITO MONTE <angelitomonte@...> wrote:
                                      > Hi Arnel,
                                      >
                                      > As per advice by Dr. Aurelio, we should gather data
                                      > first.
                                      > As for me, I plan to consider plasticity as a
                                      > parameter for liquefaction evaluation.
                                      > Maybe we could share resources, like technical
                                      > papers and journals.
                                      > Have you explored geoengineer free journals?
                                      >

                                      > arnel caalim <arnel_caalim@...> wrote:
                                      > sori for not replying to your emails, its been very
                                      > busy here in mapua.maybe you could give me details
                                      > on
                                      > how we could work on to our thesis. thanks... god
                                      > bless...

                                      > protection around
                                      > http://mail.yahoo.com
                                      >

                                      > Please inform your colleagues about the Group.
                                      >

                                      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                                      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                                      > Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile
                                      phone.

                                      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                                    • arnel_caalim
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jun 18, 2004
                                        i am taking my masteral here in mapua sir... i am interested in
                                        studying liquefaction potetntial of reclamation areas here in the
                                        philippines.... my main problem is data... any idea here where i
                                        could get borehole datas? any contact will do sir... thanks and God
                                        bless sir...

                                        --- In Geoengineer@yahoogroups.com, Eugene Leo Lapore
                                        <elmlapore@y...> wrote:
                                        > Arnel,
                                        >
                                        > Are you doing your MS in UP? Do you plan to make a scale model or
                                        just literature research?

                                        > Regards,
                                        >
                                        > Engr. Lapore
                                        >

                                        > arnel caalim <arnel_caalim@y...> wrote:
                                        > its more on correlating spt test to liquefaction
                                        > potential analysis... could you help me with my
                                        > thesis?
                                        >
                                        > thanks and God bless...
                                        > --- Janardhanan G <gvjana@y...> wrote:
                                        > > Hello
                                        > >
                                        > > I seen your query, i can help u out for this
                                        > > problem, let u know ur problem in detail. I have
                                        > > worked with DST, Govt. of India, in bringing out the
                                        > > startegy paper SEISMIC MICROZONATION. in that
                                        > > publication sixth chapter totally devoted to
                                        > > liquefaction potential assessment you can look into
                                        > > that if you have access.
                                        > >
                                        > > with regards
                                        > > jana
                                        > >

                                        > > janaAs you think as you become - Sri Ramakrishna
                                        > > G.JanardhananTeaching Research AssociateDivision of
                                        > > Soil Mechanics and Foundation EngineeringCollege of
                                        > > Engineering, GuindyAnna University, Chennai, IndiaPh
                                        > > No. 044-22203227 (O), 044-28594677 (R)
                                        > >

                                        > > visit .http://www.gvjana.s5.com

                                        > > Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger

                                        > http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                                        >

                                        > Please inform your colleagues about the Group.
                                        >

                                        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                                        Service.

                                        > Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends
                                        today! Download Messenger Now
                                      • ANGELITO MONTE
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jun 18, 2004
                                          Arnel,

                                          Try to check with Jonathan Dunca of DLSU.
                                          I'm not so sure if he's already in Manila coz he's finishing his Ph.D. in Japan.
                                          His masteral thesis during the late 90s was about "mapping of metro manila for liquefaction potential" (something like that).
                                          You might duplicate his work. You may contact him through the DLSU website for engineering. You may also check his book at the DLSU library reserve section (that area where they file thesis and dessertations.