GD33-AHUJ visited

  • geocaching@bendcable.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 9:16 PM
      Three miles north of the City of Prineville about a km west of an 1800's residence once known as "3-Mile House." The well-kept but ordinary-looking house is on McKay Road about 5 miles from a dashpoint I did in September 2003.

      This month's dashpoint was much easier to get to: north on Main Street in downtown Prineville; turns into McKay Road; at 970 m left on a gravel road signed "Private Drive" (nearby resident I asked said to ignore the sign); left again on a farm road at 550 m; past a pole barn; past dashpoint at 105 m on the wrong side of an irrigation canal. Irrigation season hasn't started but there was standing water in the canal from recent rains.

      At this point I had a choice of leaping the muddy canal or backtracking to a small bridge I had passed. Remembering Douq's mud wrestling escapades, I elected to turn around, park at the bridge and walk into the plowed field to the point. Luckily the field was dry. Mint is grown around here so in a few months the dashpoint may not be so accessible. A few hawks soared in the distance. An irrigation wheel line rested nearby. Very peaceful as I was out standing in my field.
      --
      geodasher | llama league
      geocaching@...