GD32-AGUX visited 2-2-04

  • Ed Hall
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2004
      I found myself in Berkeley this afternoon, with an appointment in San
      Francisco ninety minutes, and 15 miles, away. So what did I do? Well,
      headed for a dashpoint in the opposite direction, of course!

      GD32-AGUX -- Walnut Creek, California
      =====================================

      Heading south from Berkeley on the 80 freeway and then cutting east on
      the 24, we made good time as the evening commute had not yet started.
      Driving through the long Caldecott Tunnel, we left Alameda county and
      entered Contra Costa county just a few miles from our goal. Hwy 24
      peters out in the city of Walnut Creek near the 680 interchange and
      becomes Mt Diablo Road. Following this road east past stores and coffee
      shops, we continued on up into the hills into a very nice residential
      neighborhood.

      GD32-AGUX is located behind 1025 Craddock Court, a large brown home on
      the right side of a dead end street. Just a few feet from the road, a
      oak tree with an old 2x4 leaning against it marks the easily accessible
      zero point. Across the street from the dashpoint is a rather steep hill
      covered with some of the greenest grass I've seen in a long time as well
      as a few more scatted oak trees. High atop the hill is an old water tank
      that must have been there for years.

      Three easy points for Buxley and for Team Trailblazers.

      -Buxley

      --
      Ed Hall (edhall@...) http://www.brillig.com/
      "There's a hell of a universe next door: let's go!" - e. e. cummings