32-CURE & 32-CUVU reached short report

  • mjhccl
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      2/2/04 reached CURE & CUVU

      Full report to follow

      6 points for TeamGPS

      Mike
    • mjhccl
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2004
        Took off after work Monday night and headed out to grab 2 dashpoints.

        32-CURE 43.0766 -76.4689 Jordan, NY 2/2/04 6:00 PM

        Traveled Rt. 31 from Baldwinsville to Jordan and made a left turn on
        Railroad Street. The maps show the street reaching the point but it
        does not. The road ended about 800 ft short of the point. I parked
        the car in the turn around and climbed up onto the edge of the
        railroad ROW in order to get closer. The path through the woods was
        too snow covered for my boots. I walked down the ROW until the GPS
        put me within 300 feet. I quickly returned to the car as this is
        part of the mainline railroad and is very busy. Having worked for
        the railroad in my twenties I have great respect for potential
        dangers.

        32-CUVU 43.1901 -76.0877 Cicero, NY 2/2/04 7:24PM

        This point was on the other side of Syracuse near Oneida Lake. I
        left Jordan and took RT. 31 back to RT. 90. I took 90 to RT. 81 and
        exited back onto Rt. 31 21 miles as the crow flies from Jordan. I
        took 31 a short way to Lakeshore Rd. Left on Lakeshore to
        Backstretch Path and then left on Alabama Path. The point was 258
        ft. from me in the street behind the home at 6268 Alabama Path.
        This is part of an entire subdivision of lovely new homes.

        At this point I was tired and hungry and headed back downtown to my
        apartment.

        6 points for me and TeamGPS as claimed in my short report.