GD32-YJIQ reached 01/02/04

  • Dashing Dog's Mum
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      GD32-YJIQ reached 6:20 pm 01/02/04, in Cranbourne south-east of
      Melbourne
      This dashpoint was only about 25 kilometres from home so I thought I'd
      better get it before Geoffj did! We drove to Cranbourne, a satellite
      suburb of Melbourne, along the South Gippsland Highway and turned off
      into Sladen St. We got to 11.1 metres in the exit driveway of St
      Agatha's Parish church and school. The carpark was full and the 6 pm
      service was by now, in full swing. We took some photos from the car.
      Zero point looked to be just inside one of the school classrooms.

      That's 3 points for Dashing Dog's Mum and 3 points for EnDash! thanks
      Scout.

    • Geoff Jamieson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2004
        On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:22:51 +1100, Dashing Dog's Mum wrote:

        >This dashpoint was only about 25 kilometres from home so I thought
        I'd better get it before Geoffj did!

        Sheeesh, with team mates like this .... I guess old GeoTerrier habits
        die hard.
        ==============================
        GD32-YJIQ
        Cranbourne, Victoria, Australia
        Sunday Feb 8th, 2004
        approx 2:30pm local time

        Anyway, after a period of lack of opportunities to dash, I snuck out
        with my son, Michael,. who is nearing the driving age of 18, and
        needed some more practice before going for his licence soon.

        YUIQ is located in Cranbourne, an outer suburb of Melbourne about 30
        km away from our home in bay side Sandringham.

        Wearing the "L" plates on the dashmobile,we approached it via the
        Nepean Highway, the Mornington Peninsular Freeway, Hall Road and
        finally Sladen Street. Turning into Scott St and then into the grounds
        of St Agatha's Catholic School, we confirmed the DDM teams report that
        the dashpoint lay in a classroom adjacent to Scott Street.

        Not requiring the absolution needed by the DDM team, we quickly
        departed and returned home via a few used car yards which Michael was
        keen to visit in the nearly 40 deg C heat which Melbourne experienced
        today.

        Now for the points situation.
        This one was visited by DDM and DDMum, together, last week,
        and both reports are already in.
        I think this means 2 points for En Dash! and 2 points for GeoffJ3191,
        but I am not absolutely sure.

        Thanks Scout.

        GeoffJ3191