Midnight dash, GD29-BIOT reached

  • Bill Newman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      The snow has returned once again to the prairies and I haven't scored a dashpoint for about a year now. I had BIOT figured for a possible drive by and sure enough the Magellan 315 read 80m when I stopped by the side of the road at 10 minutes before midnight on the last day of the month.
      I stepped out into the nasty wind which felt like it had been blowing all the way from the Rocky Mountains which it probably had. As I looked down into the deep dark snow filled ditch I was glad I didn't have to trek out into the field in my sneakers. An orange half moon was dipping towards the western horizon, Orion was in the southern sky, Polaris was where it should be, and the dashpoint was just over there, in the dark.

      3 points, no picture.

      Yahoo-Profile: wrnewman2
      Bill Newman wrnewman@...
      Winnipeg Manitoba 14U 631292 5525474 WGS84