Dashpoint reached - GD24-ANYZ - and dashpoint not reach GD24-ANIT

  • David L. Mower
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      18 Jun 2003. GD24-ANYZ. I reached this dashpoint at 17:40 hours. It is in an
      alfalfa field in Gunnison, Utah. The alfalfa had been cut and was laying in
      windrows awaiting bailing and removal to a stack yard. It was a beautiful
      sunny afternoon. I was on my way home after work. I was able to park within
      100 meters, then walked the rest of the way. My son Bryce lives very near
      this point. We had talked about going there together, but never coordinated
      our schedules.

      30 Jun 2003. I reached my closest approach to GD24-ANIT at 2045 hours. The
      point was still 3.5 km away. I was out of time and out of roads. The point
      is in sagebrush and grasslands northwest of Cove Fort, Utah. It is in
      Millard County, the county seat of which is the town of Fillmore, Utah first
      (but not present) capital city. A distant grass fire made the air smoky and
      the sunset very orange. I drove about 20 miles on dirt roads, then back to
      I-15 and then to I-70 and home.

      3 points, please. Thanks for getting me out.
      David L. Mower
      dmower@...
      http://users.mstar2.net/dmower

      N 38° 47' W 112° 06'