Dashpoint Visited - GD15-ITUH

  • bigmanntl
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
      After not doing any geodashing for a long time, I couldn't resist this one. Just two miles from home it didn't look that promising on the map, but when I got up there I got to within 45ft on a public footpath.

      On closer examination of the area I found a path into a little churchyard that I never knew existed. Got to the exact spot right in the middle of the churchyard.

      I've found many interesting places that I never knew existed doing geocaching, but didn't think that the random nature of geodashing would ever throw anything up that was interesting.

      3 points.

      Alex. (Slytherin)
    • Scout
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
        Alex wrote:
        >I've found many interesting places that I never knew existed doing geocaching,
        >but didn't think that the random nature of geodashing would ever throw

        >anything up that was interesting.

        Welcome back, Alex. It's not a statistic we keep, but I wonder if you might
        now hold the record for the longest stretch between dashpoint visits. Keep
        monitoring those random spots and whenever one catches your eye, visit it
        and let us know what you find.

        ---
        Scout
      • dave.g0dja3
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
          From: "bigmanntl"

          > After not doing any geodashing for a long time, I couldn't resist this
          one. Just two miles from home it didn't look that promising on the map, but
          when I got up there I got to within 45ft on a public footpath.

          It looked fine on my map. :-)

          Well within 100 metres from Street Lane.

          Did you see the green shed? Look at my simple digital picture for the spot,
          you will probably know it.

          Boy, am I glad I did this dashpoint today, even thought I downloaded the
          message from Bigmanntl after I got back, otherwise I'd have kicked mself for
          losing a point!

          Morseman

          ---