Dashpoint reached

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 245 , Sep 1, 2001
      GD3-0937 Has been reached! A bit earlier than we planned~ 12:04am to be exact 8). We were leaving the Raiders v. Packers game at 10:30pm when we realized we were just 30 minutes or so from the dashpoint. We decided to grab a bite to eat and wait. Finding no cheap restaurants open we heading to the only grocery store around. Had a sandwich and M&M's in the van, talked and watched the clock. Got to the dashpoint no problem- except the fog and cloud cover started messing with my signal! The dashpoint is in somebody's backyard in Kensington CA- and it just so happens the closest point from outside the fence is right under a large American flag they have waving! No exciting 4-wheeling and the only wildlife was a canine on a long piece of man made material connected at the other end to a homosapien! Oh well- still fun to get one so early, and GO RAIDERS!!

      mav for Team Trailblazers reporting in from moms computer!
    • LD Olson
      Message 245 of 245 , Sep 2, 2004
        geodasher | llama league wrote:

        "...ironic that your first visit was to a retirement community..." and "...When you need to stay close to home, Geo-Golf and benchmark hunting are other GPS activities..."

        Thanks for the response - yes it is ironic. I thought the same thing myself. And I do have the benchmark coords for my area downloaded, and will certainly check out Geo-Golf and some other activities.

        Also, thanks to douq for responding and suggesting the same thing. Great minds think alike, I guess!