Morseman: GDBQ-IVAS

  • Scout bot
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2013
      Player: Morseman
      Team: En Dash!

      GDBQ-IVAS is near Coleshill, United Kingdom.

      2013-04-17, 3, 3, GDBQ-IVAS, United Kingdom, , 52.4768, -1.7018, 12m

      New extreme south visit this year for United Kingdom: GDBQ-IVAS
      If this is not correct, please notify the Geodashing Webmaster

      Number of previous hunts by Morseman: 229

      This one is about 2km from a place called the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) on the the south side of the city of Birmingham.

      As my company had a stand at the Sustainability Live exhibition, at the NEC, this week I went to show my face on our stand, browse the exhibition and get in some CPD hours at the various presentations, including supporting a colleague who was giving a presentation late in the afternoon when, traditionally, people have wandered off to get home early.

      On the way home I took a slight detour from the NEC up to Junction 4 of the M6 motorway, as the dashpoint was just off the hard shoulder of the on-slip road for the motorway.

      Unfortunately, I couldn't get a picture as you are not supposed to stop on the hard shoulder except in an emergency and as there's a law in the UK against driving whilst holding a mobile phone (although you might not believe this if you come to the UK and saw how many people seem to be exempt from this law...) I decided that taking a photograph through the window would not be a sensible thing to do either, so I watched the GPS count down to the closest approach and remembered the lowest number of metres that I saw as I drove past.

      Getting home involved driving down the M6 to the M69, along to the M1 and north back to Junction 29A, which is the turn for Bolsover, so it didn't add too much to the journey, other than the slow traffic on the M1 which was after the point where I'd have joined that motorway, so I'd have been just as late getting home anyway.

      3 points for EnDash! and Morseman please Scout.

      Morseman

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDBQ-IVAS