Dashing Dog Mac: GDBQ-YJYQ,GDBQ-YJUR,GDBQ-YKUM

  • Scout bot
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14 1:59 AM
      Player: Dashing Dog Mac
      Team: GeoTerriers

      GDBQ-YJYQ is near Barkers Creek, Australia.
      GDBQ-YJUR is near Marong, Australia.
      GDBQ-YKUM is near Tyaak, Australia.

      2013-04-14, 3, 3, GDBQ-YJYQ, Australia, Victoria, -37.0189, 144.2689, 44 m
      2013-04-14, 3, 3, GDBQ-YJUR, Australia, Victoria, -36.7582, 144.1321, 16 m
      2013-04-14, 3, 3, GDBQ-YKUM, Australia, Victoria, -37.1839, 145.1775, 0 m

      Number of previous hunts by Dashing Dog Mac: 875

      GDBQ-YJYQ reached 1125hrs 14/04/2013 near Barkers Creek, Victoria

      We drove north along the Calder Freeway towards Bendigo, then transferred to the Calder Highway towards Harcourt. We turned left along Milfords Road and reached 44 metres in the car. The zero point was located amongst the vines of the Harcourt Valley Vineyard and we did not need to disturb them even though an open gate beckoned. The vines were just starting to turn with their autumn colours and it was a beautiful scene with the low hills in the background and cattle grazing in a nearby paddock.

      GDBQ-YJUR reached 1201hrs 14/04/2013 near Marong, Victoria

      Just a short distance further north we reached 55 metres on the Calder Highway at the corner with Cemetery Road, just south of Marong. The zero point was in a paddock next to the road and I was able to reach 16 meters before being blocked by the fence. There was a creek running parallel to the road with a line of gum trees surrounding it in the middle of the paddock. It looked like good grazing land but there were no animals there today.

      GDBQ-YKUM reached 1445hrs 14/04/2013 near Tyaak, Victoria

      This was a terrific dashpoint in the middle of the Tallarook State Forest about 140 kilometres south-east of Marong. After reaching the State Forest, we drove along a ridge following Horans Track and saw some of the best scenery of rolling hills covered in eucalypts that we have seen in Victoria. We will come here again! Horans Track become much rougher and we followed it until we came to Jenkins Track, and followed it until we reached two very deep potholes 35 metres from zero. We continued on foot, skirting the mud-filled holes and walked to zero just to the side of the track. This was one of the most satisfying dashpoints that we have experienced, with the classic scenery on the way in and the rough bush tracks eventually taking us to zero.

      That's 9 points for Dashing Dog Mac and for GeoTerriers, thanks Scout.

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDBQ-YJYQ
      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDBQ-YJUR
      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDBQ-YKUM