Wisk: GDBN-AMMU

  • Scout bot
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2013
      Player: Wisk
      Team: Llama League

      GDBN-AMMU is near Lake Havasu City, Arizona, USA.

      2013-01-20, 0, 0, GDBN-AMMU, USA, Arizona, 34.5149, -114.2088, 6000 m

      Number of previous hunts by Wisk: 336

      My wife and I went to the 17th Buses by the Bridge at Lake Havasu State Park. One of our dashmobiles, a 1993 Eurovan Westfalia Weekender, would be one of the youngest vehicles in attendance. When we registered, we were number 330 and people continued to arrived after we did. It was a huge gathering of VW T2, T3, and T4 vans. I counted only about 10 Eurovans. This same weekend, the Havasu Balloon Festival was also ongoing. When we arrived Saturday afternoon, it was quite windy so no balloons were up. We spent the time wandering around the park looking at everybody's vehicles. I also took some panoramic pictures. Take a look here for a view of some of the vehicles.

      http://gigapan.com/gigapans/121946

      Sunday morning was calm and cool. I got up early for more panoramic pictures then we had a large all you can eat pancake breakfast sponsored by the Boy Scouts as the Hot Air Balloons were rising all around us - it was really cool!

      On our way back home, AMMU promised to be just was a slight detour off the paved road with a 2 mile (one way). We made it to a dirt road and then looked at the terrain and decided that it would be rough going in the van and better that we just call this an attempt. A five hour drive got us home well before dark following an excellent adventure.

      Check out the pano's!

      Zero points for Wisk and the Llama League!

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDBN-AMMU