Tom Arneson: GDBM-BUCA

  • Scout bot
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2012
      Player: Tom Arneson
      Team: GeoTerriers

      GDBM-BUCA is near Owatonna, Minnesota, USA.

      2012-12-30, 3, 3, GDBM-BUCA, USA, Minnesota, 44.0394, -93.2776, 79m

      New extreme south visit this year for Minnesota: GDBM-BUCA
      If this is not correct, please notify the Geodashing Webmaster

      Number of previous hunts by Tom Arneson: 670

      Dashpoint: BMBUCA reached
      N44.03940� W093.27760�
      2012-12-30 11:42:29
      Distance to DP: 79 m, Elevation: 373 m
      Index in track record: 1388
      240 road km from Treaure Island
      7km SW from Owatonna, MN
      Steele County, Minnesota

      Fourth of Five on a Sunny Sunday:

      I had some trouble reaching this one as the map in my GPSr didn't know that Lemond was closed by the conversion of this segment of US-14 to freeway status. I had to back-track to I-35 and exit on westbound US-14 and then take the first exit to Lemond Road, where I was again fooled by an unusual design on a roundabout and took the leg that directed me north rather than south. I made a U-turn at the first intersection and got to the DP, which was in a (guess what) snow covered field on a hill above the road. Lemond Road curved to the southwest and the nearest farmstead was about 200m south of the DP. I turned about in the drive to that farm and headed after my final goal, a VX about 24km to the east.

      My total trip to score 3 DP and 2 VX covered 370 km in 4.9 hours.

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDBM-BUCA