Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

I spoke too soon :-(

Expand Messages
  • jim54invc
    I thought that the Geodashing site was running OK when I posted to the Geovexilla group about an error message on that site. But now the Geodashing site is
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      I thought that the Geodashing site was running OK when I posted to the Geovexilla group about an error message on that site. But now the Geodashing site is giving an error message when I try to log a DP. Sure hope this isn't a major issue...


      Internal Server Error
      There was an error processing your request.

      Please contact Scout@... and provide the following information:

      geodashing.gpsgames.org /cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDBC-AKOC
      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/gamemap.pl?game=128&map=SQ4x4
      500
    • Scout
      I just used the site without issue. If the problem persists or reoccurs for you, let me know. -- Scout
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        I just used the site without issue. If the problem persists or
        reoccurs for you, let me know.

        --
        Scout

        On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM, jim54invc <chaosmanor47@...> wrote:
        > I thought that the Geodashing site was running OK when I posted to the Geovexilla group about an error message on that site.  But now the Geodashing site is giving an error message when I try to log a DP.  Sure hope this isn't a major issue...
        >
        >
        > Internal Server Error
        > There was an error processing your request.
        >
        > Please contact Scout@... and provide the following information:
        >
        > geodashing.gpsgames.org /cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDBC-AKOC
        > http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/gamemap.pl?game=128&map=SQ4x4
        > 500
      • Paul Myers
        It s happening here for me too. Here s the error message I get. Paul/Webfoot Software error: Open Error on Profile MySQL database at vx.pl line 112. For help,
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
        • 0 Attachment
          It's happening here for me too. Here's the error message I get.
          Paul/Webfoot

          Software error:

          Open Error on Profile MySQL database at vx.pl line 112.
          For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@...
          ), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.





          On Mar 1, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Scout wrote:

          > I just used the site without issue. If the problem persists or
          > reoccurs for you, let me know.
          >
          > --
          > Scout
          >
          > On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM, jim54invc <chaosmanor47@...>
          > wrote:
          > > I thought that the Geodashing site was running OK when I posted to
          > the Geovexilla group about an error message on that site. But now
          > the Geodashing site is giving an error message when I try to log a
          > DP. Sure hope this isn't a major issue...
          > >
          > >
          > > Internal Server Error
          > > There was an error processing your request.
          > >
          > > Please contact Scout@... and provide the following
          > information:
          > >
          > > geodashing.gpsgames.org /cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDBC-AKOC
          > > http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/gamemap.pl?game=128&map=SQ4x4
          > > 500
          >



          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Ed Hall
          Scout- The problem seems to be intermittent. Clicking on one of the March + s for the western US I was able to review a dashpoint near me successfully, but
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
          • 0 Attachment
            Scout-

            The problem seems to be intermittent. Clicking on one of the March '+'s for the western US I was able to review a dashpoint near me successfully, but when I clicked on a second '+' a minute later I got the following error:

            Internal Server Error

            There was an error processing your request.
            Please contact Scout@... and
            provide the following information:

            geodashing.gpsgames.org /cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDBD-AGYP
            http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/gamemap.pl?game=129&map=SQ3x4
            500

            Hope this helps!

            -Buxley

            --
            Ed Hall (edhall@...) http://www.brillig.com/
            "There's a hell of a universe next door: let's go!" - e. e. cummings


            On Mar 1, 2012, at 5:55 PM, Paul Myers wrote:

            > It's happening here for me too. Here's the error message I get.
            > Paul/Webfoot
            >
            > Software error:
            >
            > Open Error on Profile MySQL database at vx.pl line 112.
            > For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@...
            > ), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > On Mar 1, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Scout wrote:
            >
            >> I just used the site without issue. If the problem persists or
            >> reoccurs for you, let me know.
            >>
            >> --
            >> Scout
            >>
            >> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM, jim54invc <chaosmanor47@...>
            >> wrote:
            >>> I thought that the Geodashing site was running OK when I posted to
            >> the Geovexilla group about an error message on that site. But now
            >> the Geodashing site is giving an error message when I try to log a
            >> DP. Sure hope this isn't a major issue...
            >>>
            >>>
            >>> Internal Server Error
            >>> There was an error processing your request.
            >>>
            >>> Please contact Scout@... and provide the following
            >> information:
            >>>
            >>> geodashing.gpsgames.org /cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDBC-AKOC
            >>> http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/gamemap.pl?game=128&map=SQ4x4
            >>> 500
            >>
            >
            >
            >
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
            >
            >
            > ------------------------------------
            >
            > Your use of Geodashing is subject to:
            > http://www.gpsgames.org/content/view/27/ .Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >
            >
          • Scout
            ... Yes, there has been an intermittent error for the last two days. GPSgames.org is hosted on a shared server. Another website on the same server is hanging
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
            • 0 Attachment
              On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Buxley wrote:
              > The problem seems to be intermittent.
              > Clicking on one of the March '+'s for the western
              > US I was able to review a dashpoint near me
              > successfully, but when I clicked on a second '+'
              > a minute later I got the following error:

              Yes, there has been an intermittent error for the last two days.
              GPSgames.org is hosted on a shared server. Another website on the same
              server is hanging the server periodically. I have been in
              communication with the hosting service. They are attempting to deal
              with the rogue service. Right now, service is restored. I can't
              promise the root cause has been fixed. Feel free to report the problem
              if it occurs again.

              --
              Scout
            • jim54invc
              OK :-) ... I ve been unable to get in for about an hour, despite several attempts. The home page of Geovexilla comes up just fine, but from there, nothing is
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
              • 0 Attachment
                OK :-)

                --- In Geodashing@yahoogroups.com, Scout <Scout@...> wrote:

                > ... I can't promise the root cause has been fixed.
                > Feel free to report the problem if it occurs again.

                I've been unable to get in for about an hour, despite several attempts. The home page of Geovexilla comes up just fine, but from there, nothing is working, and I get the same error message that I reported earlier. For Geodashing, I get a "Connection Timed Out" error; the home page won't even load, unless it does, as it did ten minutes after my first try. It really is very intermittent. I only post this because you asked us to. I assume that you can use this information to help whoever-it-is figure out what's going on.

                Jim
              • Scout
                Yeah, the hosting service is aware of the new problem and promises they are working on a permanent fix. We ll see. Right now, the site is functioning again. If
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 3, 2012
                • 0 Attachment
                  Yeah, the hosting service is aware of the new problem and promises
                  they are working on a permanent fix. We'll see.

                  Right now, the site is functioning again. If you submitted any reports
                  in the last three days, you might want to check that they made it into
                  the database properly.

                  --
                  Scout

                  On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:05 PM, jim54invc <chaosmanor47@...> wrote:
                  > OK :-)
                  >
                  > --- In Geodashing@yahoogroups.com, Scout <Scout@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> ... I can't promise the root cause has been fixed.
                  >> Feel free to report the problem if it occurs again.
                  >
                  > I've been unable to get in for about an hour, despite several attempts.  The home page of Geovexilla comes up just fine, but from there, nothing is working, and I get the same error message that I reported earlier.  For Geodashing, I get a "Connection Timed Out" error; the home page won't even load, unless it does, as it did ten minutes after my first try.  It really is very intermittent.  I only post this because you asked us to.  I assume that you can use this information to help whoever-it-is figure out what's going on.
                  >
                  > Jim
                • Kelly
                  Down again.
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 3, 2012
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Down again.

                    --- In Geodashing@yahoogroups.com, Scout <Scout@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > Yeah, the hosting service is aware of the new problem and promises
                    > they are working on a permanent fix. We'll see.
                    >
                    > Right now, the site is functioning again. If you submitted any reports
                    > in the last three days, you might want to check that they made it into
                    > the database properly.
                    >
                    > --
                    > Scout
                    >
                    > On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:05 PM, jim54invc <chaosmanor47@...> wrote:
                    > > OK :-)
                    > >
                    > > --- In Geodashing@yahoogroups.com, Scout <Scout@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > >> ... I can't promise the root cause has been fixed.
                    > >> Feel free to report the problem if it occurs again.
                    > >
                    > > I've been unable to get in for about an hour, despite several attempts.  The home page of Geovexilla comes up just fine, but from there, nothing is working, and I get the same error message that I reported earlier.  For Geodashing, I get a "Connection Timed Out" error; the home page won't even load, unless it does, as it did ten minutes after my first try.  It really is very intermittent.  I only post this because you asked us to.  I assume that you can use this information to help whoever-it-is figure out what's going on.
                    > >
                    > > Jim
                    >
                  • Kelly
                    Sorry - forgot to mention. Down again, and I just scored GDBD-BYYR
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 3, 2012
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Sorry - forgot to mention. Down again, and I just scored GDBD-BYYR



                      > Down again.
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.