geodasher: GDBC-AHIC

  • Geodashing mailbot
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1 12:35 AM
      Player: geodasher
      Team: Llama League

      GDBC-AHIC is near Bend, Oregon, USA.

      2012-01-31, 3, 3, GDBC-AHIC, USA, Oregon, 44.0298, -121.3429, 0 m

      Number of previous hunts by geodasher: 420

      Dark report. Details when it's light.

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDBC-AHIC
    • Geodashing mailbot
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1 9:41 AM
        Player: geodasher
        Team: Llama League

        GDBC-AHIC is near Bend, Oregon, USA.

        2012-02-01, 3, 3, GDBC-AHIC, USA, Oregon, 44.0298, -121.3429, 0 m

        Number of previous hunts by geodasher: 421

        GDBC-AHIC, #379 visited
        Bend, Oregon
        02/01/12, 12:01 AM PST
        Temp 38 F, dark
        Elv 1160 m

        After all these years the llamas finally deposited a dashpoint in my home town and in the middle of a road. It is about 5 km travel--within walking or biking range--but I have never visited a point when the new month clicked over so decided to jump in the car and venture into the night.

        Ground zero sits on SW Century Drive, a major access to the forests, lakes and ski areas. I have been over the point a thousand times, a few of them on the way to other dashpoints. My receiver read zero distance in the eastbound lane a few car lengths east of a T-intersection with Mammoth Drive. There is a lone street light at the southeast corner that broke the darkness, and the occasional car.

        Mammoth Drive is the main entrance to an old housing development called Sunrise Village on the outskirts of southwest Bend. I know several people who live there but not well enough to drop by at midnight.

        http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDBC-AHIC
      • Roger Barnes
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1 3:31 PM
          Congratulations to geodasher on getting the first dashpoint of the month,
          an unusual feat for a US west coast dasher.

          I have noticed that the llamas were also kind to me this month. The DP
          closest to me is in suburbia so it is not surprising that it is easily
          reachable but I have noticed that several others, out in the countryside,
          are also easily reachable. I wonder if others have noticed this? Maybe
          the llamas are getting mellow in their old age. I just hope my leg/hip
          (bursitis) can tolerate a long drive or two this month.

          Roger

        • geocaching@bendcable.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1 9:19 PM
            On 2/1/12 at 3:31 PM, rogerbarnes51@... (Roger Barnes) wrote:

            >Congratulations to geodasher on getting the first dashpoint of the
            >month, an unusual feat for a US west coast dasher.
            >
            >I have noticed that the llamas were also kind to me this month. The
            >DP closest to me is in suburbia so it is not surprising that it is
            >easily reachable but I have noticed that several others, out in the
            >countryside, are also easily reachable. I wonder if others have
            >noticed this? Maybe the llamas are getting mellow in their old
            >age. I just hope my leg/hip (bursitis) can tolerate a long
            >drive or two
            >this month.
            >
            >Roger

            Thanks. Hope you can get back on your horse soon and visit a few
            new places. No fun limping around the house.

            I hear that one of the top ten advantages to getting old is
            being able to say fun words like bursitis and lumbago. If you
            need to, come out and I'll take you to AHIP which appears
            periodically in Oregon.

            --
            geodasher | llama league
            "If I'd known I was going to live so long,