No postings since 31/12/2011

  • dashingdogmac
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
      Scores have been updated but no emails have been received at my end since the one by geoffj3191 about Samoa and its date change.
      Regards, Dashing Dog Mac
    • Roger Barnes
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
        I see what DDM says. My DP report asks if it is the first DP of the year
        but when I checked the scoreboard, obviously it is not.

        On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:33 AM, dashingdogmac <iankelly@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Scores have been updated but no emails have been received at my end since
        > the one by geoffj3191 about Samoa and its date change.
        > Regards, Dashing Dog Mac

      • jim54invc
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
          And now it would appear that the entire system is down. I can't connect to any part of gpsgames, although the rest of what I persue on the Web is OK.

          Jim (chaosmanor)

        • geocaching@bendcable.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
            On 1/3/12 at 9:44 AM, chaosmanor47@... (jim54invc) wrote:

            >And now it would appear that the entire system is down. I can't
            >connect to any part of gpsgames, although the rest of what I persue on
            >the Web is OK.

            The site comes up for me but is very slow, probably a host
            server issue. I also see that the 5 trip reports from this game
            have not been distributed via email. Looks like some new
            competition for you in Pasadena.

            --
            geodasher | llama league
          • Scout
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
              On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:33 AM, dashingdogmac wrote:
              > Scores have been updated but no emails have been received
              > at my end since the one by geoffj3191 about Samoa and its date change.

              For some reason, the IP address of GPSgames.org has been added to the
              black list of Spamhaus. Mail services that use Spamhaus are now
              blocking email from GPSgames.org. Apparently, that includes Yahoo. I
              am working to see what it will take to get this rectified.
              Unfortunately, spam blockers are not always easy to work with. They
              hate spammers more than they feel sorry for innocents victimized by
              their spam-blocking software.

              --
              Scout
            • Scout
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
                The blacklisting has been cleared. I believe emails from the game
                engine are going through again. You can test this if you want by
                resubmitting dashpoint reports from Jan 1-3 (just cut-and-paste the
                entire report and resubmit it as if it were new). It's not required to
                do this. The game engine database is correct whether or not you do.
                But resubmission will get the reports sent out as emails and get them
                stored in Yahoo's email archive.

                --
                Scout

                On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Scout <Scout@...> wrote:
                > On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:33 AM, dashingdogmac wrote:
                >> Scores have been updated but no emails have been received
                >> at my end since the one by geoffj3191 about Samoa and its date change.
                >
                > For some reason, the IP address of GPSgames.org has been added to the
                > black list of Spamhaus. Mail services that use Spamhaus are now
                > blocking email from GPSgames.org. Apparently, that includes Yahoo. I
                > am working to see what it will take to get this rectified.
                > Unfortunately, spam blockers are not always easy to work with. They
                > hate spammers more than they feel sorry for innocents victimized by
                > their spam-blocking software.
                >
                > --
                > Scout

                Scout
              • Kelly
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
                  Appears to be working, as the full dashpoint report for GDAB-CUOM (just submitted) went to the list.

                • geocaching@bendcable.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
                    On 1/3/12 at 6:50 PM, Scout@... (Scout) wrote:

                    > For some reason, the IP address of GPSgames.org has been added to the
                    > black list of Spamhaus.

                    With dashpoints like SMUT, SEXY and LAID I'm not surprised!
                    Actually, that might be a great way to attract new members. ;)

                    --
                    geodasher | llama league
                    "By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." -George Carlin