Markwell: GDAU-CABO

  • Geodashing mailbot
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2011
      Player: Markwell
      Team: Trailblazers

      GDAU-CABO is near Country Club Hills, Illinois, USA.

      2011-06-19, 2, 2, GDAU-CABO, USA, Illinois, 41.5754, -87.7448, 73m

      Number of previous hunts by Markwell: 339

      State: Illinois
      Date Found: 6/19/2011 4:03 pm
      Hunters: Markwell and Oldest
      Temperature: 75�F/24�C
      Closest Distance: 72.2 meters
      Country Club Hills, IL, South of Chicago
      25.40 miles from home

      Dashpoint Name: Fathers Day Drive to Wood Badge; Has it Been 10 years?

      Country Club Hills has the Cook County Girl Scout training facility. Since 2004, the Calumet Council of the Boy Scouts of America and the Rainbow Council of the Boy Scouts of America have had their theory portion of their Wood Badge courses (advanced leadership training for adult leaders) held at this facility. GDAU-CABO is exactly 1 mile (1.6KM) NNW of the training facility, at the other end of a figure 8 clover leaf where interstates 80 and 57 mix it up before heading their respective north-south and east-west paths. The closest point was on a hill from which I took another 3D picture. The eara to the southeast was wooded, and someone had a brush fire going that day. The area to northwest looked like residential, and since I had scored by sitting on the George Brennan Highway, I decided not to venture in too close. It was a nice day for a Father's Day weekend drive, and my 15-year-old son and I talked much about driving techniques. For those that have followed me for years, this is the same little boy that first attended GD02-315 and the one that went flying with me on GD36-CABI.

      I originally submitted this quick report on June 29 - long delayed - because on July 1, I'm opening in "The Music Man" in our community theater group as a member of the Barbershop Quartet. Things have been hectic. Little did I realize that I was submitting it on the 10th anniversary of my first report. Cool.

      2 points for Markwell and Trailblazers

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDAU-CABO