mmpc: GDAQ-AGYK

  • Geodashing mailbot
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011
      Player: mmpc
      Team: no team

      GDAQ-AGYK is near Hayward, California, USA.

      2011-02-01, 3, 3, GDAQ-AGYK, USA, California, 37.6408, -122.1068, 75

      Number of previous hunts by mmpc: 22

      I took the opportunity for a lunchtime drive to Chabot College and my first dash point in a few months. I had scouted the campus via google maps and knew that I could turn off Depot Road onto a road along the edge of the campus and into a parking lot within scoring range. I suspected that parking would be controlled, but I knew I could get within scoring range inside the car, so all was well.

      When I arrived, I jumped the gun and turned a little too early. There was a lot of construction on campus and I was worried I might not be able to drive within 100m after all. I wound through the parking lot, next to a temporary fence, through an opening in the sidewalk between two handicapped spaces (I suspect cars aren't intended to drive through that particular opening) and into the originally targeted parking lot.

      I will upload a picture taken at the end of that lot, of an emergency call box, part of a building and tunnel through the building to yet another parking lot. The picture is taken from about 230' to ground zero.

      Thanks for the fun.

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDAQ-AGYK