Douq Millar: GDAL-BOHO

  • Geodashing mailbot
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      Player: Douq Millar
      Team: Llama League

      GDAL-BOHO is near La Vista, Nebraska, USA.

      2010-09-30, 3, 3, GDAL-BOHO, USA, Nebraska, 41.1982, -95.9667, 5m

      Number of previous hunts by Douq Millar: 550

      Almost missed this one as we kept putting it off, knowing it was nearby and we could grab it any time. So yesterday we realized we needed to get there so rushed down and then back to office for afternoon meeting.

      It's been a considerable time since a DP fell in Omaha so now this makes the fifth one. The area is generally known as "south Omaha" (really big deal, but this was the old historical area for the now-gone stockyards that made Omaha famous as beef capitol). Today it's a modest neighborhood with mixed residential, industrial and commercial.

      The DP was in front-yard of house at 3506 Y. St. There was a short picket fence between street and house and point was probably just inside the fence. The house was one-story greyish (probably metal siding) with blue shutters. There was a yellow house on the south side of Y Street. All the houses here are modest in size and lots, but generally in decent shape.

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDAL-BOHO