Buxley: GDAL-AGYN

  • Geodashing mailbot
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2010
      Player: Buxley
      Team: Trailblazers

      GDAL-AGYN is near Moraga, California, USA.

      2010-09-29, 3, 3, GDAL-AGYN, USA, California, 37.8142, -122.1426, 78 meters

      Number of previous hunts by Buxley: 217

      GDAL-AGYN -- Moraga, California

      This dashpoint is located approximately 78 meters down a steep, heavily wooded hill from Pinehurst Road a few miles outside of Moraga, California. The road, and the nearby Redwood Road are both beautiful and the drive was a relaxing way to spend the afternoon.

      I parked just north of the dashpoint near a "PROTECTED WATERSHED--NO TRESPASSING" sign and walked back along the road until I was within scoring distance. Even if it wasn't marked off limits, I wouldn't want to scramble down the hillside to reach the zero point: the hillside is dotted with the bright red, triplet leaves of poison oak.

      Pictures will be posted shortly.

      Three points for me and for Team Trailblazers.

      -Buxley

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDAL-AGYN