Dashing Dog Mac: GDAC-YLAT

  • Geodashing mailbot
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2009
      Player: Dashing Dog Mac
      Team: GeoTerriers

      GDAC-YLAT is near Dandenong, Australia.

      2009-12-01, 3, 3, GDAC-YLAT, Australia, Victoria, -37.9931, 145.2197, 31.8m

      Number of previous hunts by Dashing Dog Mac: 725

      GDAC-YLAT reached 2134hrs 01/12/2009 in Dandenong, Victoria

      As it was the first day of the month we decided to make a special effort to reach and report this dashpoint today. After arriving home from work at 8.45pm I gathered up the map, the GPSr, the TomTom, Dashing Dog Jock and Madam Dash in that order and rushed out the door without dinner. That could come later. I was late because I had been at an Italian language lesson in preparation for our (12 months long) trip to Italy next year. Hopefully we can meet up with new Geodasher donvalido while we are there.

      We took the Monash Motorway as darkness descended and eventually reached the Dandenong Exit and drove on until we came to Power Street. The dashpoint was 31.8 metres from the car in the backyard of the house at 78 Langhorne Street (on the corner with Power Street). The block of land extended a long way down Power Street and a brown paling fence protected the zero point, although a large metal gate was wide open. Considering the time of night, this was close enough.

      That's 3 December points for GeoTerriers and 3 points for Dashing Dog Mac, thanks Scout.

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GDAC-YLAT