Dashing Dog Mac: GD99-YLAH

  • Geodashing mailbot
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2009
      Player: Dashing Dog Mac
      Team: GeoTerriers

      GD99-YLAH is near Keysborough, Australia.

      2009-09-01, 3, 3, GD99-YLAH, Australia, Victoria, -38.0007, 145.1681, 0.00 m

      Number of previous hunts by Dashing Dog Mac: 710

      GD99-YLAH reached 1805hrs 01/09/2009 in Keysborough, Victoria

      This dashpoint was 4.5km from the in-laws' house at Dingley Village, and about 1 kilometre from the family veterinarian used by Dashing Dogs Mac and Jock. So after work I picked up the dogs and Madam Dash and rushed south-east along the Monash Freeway to ensure that there would be enough daylight for photographs. We arrived at Stanley Road at 6.00pm and the GPSr read 24.2 metres in the car. Although still in my suit after work, I was determined to get to zero (but not determined enough to wade through the muddy channel alongside the road). I then drove on to the junction of Stanley Road and Church Road and found that two intersecting drainage channels had a land bridge where they met. I was able to walk across quite easily and made my way through the longish grass and weeds in the empty paddock to zero. There was a large metal shed with a semi-trailer parked alongside it at the far end of the well-grassed area. Took photos at 6.05pm while it was still light and then departed.

      That's 3 points for Dashing Dog Mac and for GeoTerriers, thanks Scout.

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GD99-YLAH