geoffj3191: GD93-YLAW

  • Geodashing mailbot
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2009
      Player: geoffj3191
      Team: En Dash!

      GD93-YLAW is near Tooradin, Australia.

      2009-03-01, 3, 3, GD93-YLAW, Australia, Victoria, -38.2155, 145.3419, 0

      Number of previous hunts by geoffj3191: 178

      Following our big day yesterday to score the dashpoint on French Island, I spent this afternoon scoring this March dashpoint which lay on the mainland, just 14 km north of yesterday's GD92-YKYM.
      I left home just before 1pm, and drove down the South Gippsland Highway, listening my latest audio book, John Grisham's "The Associate". I took a turn south onto C781, the Tooradin - Baxter Road just before Tooradin. A quick left into Warneet Rd took me into the sleepy little coastal village of Blind Bight, an area I had not been to before. It lies at the top of Westernport Bay, and there is a boat ramp and some foreshore parking extending out through the mangroves to the open water. There is a swimming lagoon with a sandy beach, which looks as though it has been created artificially to provide swimming facilities in an area where mangroves and mudflats would have otherwise made swimming impossible.
      The area was quite pleasant although not at all upmarket, and the little community looked more like a fishing village with a mixture of modest weekend getaway houses, rather than a major holiday destination.
      The dashpoint lay in some bushland between the mangroves and the main road, Anchorage Drive. The walking tracks through the bush consistins of dry brown bracken and mainly small bushy trees made zeroing out quite easy, at 2pm on a fine and slightly overcast 20 degree Celsius afternoon.
      I really enjoyed seeing this area, and being able to park within 130m made a nice change from having to walk 24 km yesterday.

      3 points for EnDeash! and
      3 points for GeoffJ3191, thanks Scout.

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GD93-YLAW