Buxley: GD91-AGYZ

  • Geodashing mailbot
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2009
      Player: Buxley
      Team: Trailblazers

      GD91-AGYZ is near Seven Trees, California, USA.

      2009-01-01, 3, 3, GD91-AGYZ, USA, California, 37.2434, -121.8490, 50 feet (15 meters)

      Number of previous hunts by Buxley: 192

      GD91-AGYZ -- San Jose, California
      =================================

      Since the llamas were kind enough to drop this dashpoint less than ten miles from home, it seemed the least we could do was to visit it in the early hours of the New Year. Julie and I set out about 15 minutes after midnight and proceeded through the night's drizzle to the corner of Cahalan and Calero Avenues.

      We parked in a darkened church parking lot and were already within scoring distance. Before my GPS gave up the ghost due to low batteries, I was able to get to within fifty feet of the zero point which lies in the crosswalk near the northeast corner of the intersection. The home on this corner has Christmas lights which spell out "JESUS A GIFT 4 US" and a large red cross, also made of lights.

      Directly across the street, on the southeast corner of the intersection and next to where we parked, is San Jose's Fire Station #12.

      A picture of the home with the lights has been uploaded.

      Three points for me and for Team Trailblazers.

      -Buxley

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GD91-AGYZ
    • Scout
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2009
        Buxley wrote:
        > GD91-AGYZ is near Seven Trees, California, USA.

        > Since the llamas were kind enough to drop this dashpoint less than
        > ten miles from home, it seemed the least we could do was to visit it
        > in the early hours of the New Year. Julie and I set out about 15
        > minutes after midnight and proceeded through the night's drizzle to
        > the corner of Cahalan and Calero Avenues.

        Your promptness earned you bragging rights for the first dashpoint visit
        of 2009. Happy New Year, everyone!

        --
        Scout