Dashing Dog Mac: GD90-YKIC

  • Geodashing mailbot
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      Player: Dashing Dog Mac
      Team: GeoTerriers

      GD90-YKIC is near Newport, Australia.

      2008-12-01, 3, 3, GD90-YKIC, Australia, Victoria, -37.8407, 144.8612, 0.0 m

      Number of previous hunts by Dashing Dog Mac: 673

      GD90-YKIC reached 1809hrs 01/12/2008 in Newport, Victoria
      When I arrived home from work tonight Madam Dash was at the door, GPS and map in one hand and GeoJock in the other, saying that Geoff had scored the only close dashpoint for December in his lunch-hour today. There was no alternative, so we packed ourselves and the dog into the car and headed west across the Westgate Bridge. We had read Geoff's report so we took an alternative route, turning left into Melbourne Road after crossing the bridge, then right into Mason Street and headed west towards 213 Mason Street. There was a narrow access driveway to the units at the back, so we stopped at about 9 metres and walked to zero in the concrete car park to take photos of GeoJock and the surrounds. Some residents of these Housing Commission Units were watching warily from behind shrubs and shutters, and only then did I realise that this was the second visitation by "men in suits" carrying GPS and cameras. I wonder what they thought was happening. We quickly withdrew before either further questions were asked or we were set upon by the inhabitants.
      That's 3 points for Dashing Dog Mac, and 3 points for GeoTerriers, thanks Scout.

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GD90-YKIC