Tom Arneson: GD87-BUAD

  • Geodashing mailbot
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
      Player: Tom Arneson
      Team: GeoTerriers

      GD87-BUAD is near New Hope, Minnesota, USA.

      2008-09-01, 3, 3, GD87-BUAD, USA, Minnesota, 45.0215, -93.3931, 3m

      Number of previous hunts by Tom Arneson: 494

      Dashpoint: 87BUAD reached
      Latitude: 45.0215, Longitude: -93.3931
      Date Time: 01 Sep 2008 08:14:40
      Distance to DP: 3m, Elevation: 291m
      Index in track record: 213
      Crystal, MN
      Hennepin cOUNTY, Minnesota

      Traveled 27.6 km in 2.1 hours.

      This DP was in a cul-de-sac road in from of a house waith an "Obama 08" yard sign. A SUV in the driveway wore 3 bumper stickers; on ewith the same message as the yard sign, one reading "I <heart symbol> Whales" and the last was a peace symbol superimposed over the US flag.

      I like whales too. I used to eat them when I could. Captain Lee of the Republic of Korea army introduced whale meat to me in 1968 when we were both running artillery liaison sections with the 47th ARVN regiment in Tuy Hoa, Republic of Veitnam. The ROC army had C rations with canned whale meat and canned kimchi.

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GD87-BUAD
    • Tom Arneson
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
        This was my first DP via bicycle.
      • Scout
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
          Tom Arneson wrote:
          > This was my first DP via bicycle.

          It was also the first dashpoint report for Game 87. Congratulations.
          Pedal power rules!

          --
          Scout