Wisk: GD86-BIXO

  • Geodashing mailbot
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
      Player: Wisk
      Team: Llama League

      GD86-BIXO is near Hurst, Texas, USA.

      2008-08-01, 3, 3, GD86-BIXO, USA, Texas, 32.8346, -97.1730, 10

      New extreme north visit this year for Texas: GD86-BIXO
      New extreme east visit this year for Texas: GD86-BIXO
      If this is not correct, please notify the Geodashing Webmaster

      Number of previous hunts by Wisk: 238

      Mobile report. Details to follow.

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GD86-BIXO
    • Geodashing mailbot
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2008
        Player: Wisk
        Team: Llama League

        GD86-BIXO is near Hurst, Texas, USA.

        2008-08-01, 3, 3, GD86-BIXO, USA, Texas, 32.8346, -97.1730, 10

        Number of previous hunts by Wisk: 239

        This narrative replaces the short report sent last week from my cell phone inside the 100m circle.
        I was attending a week long training course southwest of DFW in Bedford and discovered that the Llamas were smiling upon me this month. I would have a much better chance of scoring a dashpoint here than back at home. BIXO turned out to be less than 3 miles away from the hotel I was staying at! I arranged to borrow the van and early on Friday morning before class, I set out from our hotel on Bedford Road and headed west. A dissipating thunderstorm provided the backdrop for my trip. I had not brought a camera along so my pictures are from my cell phone.
        As I turned north on Valentine, I passed the Elite Veterinary Clinic and Boarding (Don�t let your pet get beat by the heat) with purple window shades and was well within scoring distance. Right next door was North Texas Tattoo. I found BIXO in the parking lot of the Shady Oaks Baptist Church with the Hurst water tower dominating the skyline to the south.
        On my return trip, I passed Stonegate Elementary which was in the shadow of the Bedford Water Tower and Bedford Fire Station #3
        I arrived back at the hotel less than 15 minutes later with more than enough time to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast (a Texas shaped waffle - self service -- takes 2 minutes to make). Later that afternoon I caught a direct flight back home.
        Three points for Wisk and the Llama League!

        http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GD86-BIXO