Dashing Dog Mac: GD81-YLUK

  • Geodashing mailbot
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2008
      Player: Dashing Dog Mac
      Team: GeoTerriers

      GD81-YLUK is near Cathkin, Australia.

      2008-03-29, 3, 3, GD81-YLUK, Australia, Victoria, -37.1048, 145.5369, 0.0 m

      Number of previous hunts by Dashing Dog Mac: 610

      GD81-YLUK reached 1230hrs 29/03/2008 near Caveat Victoria
      We were visiting our Seymour in-laws on the farm that they help manage about 100kms north of Melbourne, and we had our eyes on a local dashpoint near the town of Caveat as marked on the map. The caveat was that this town did not have any buildings. Signposts indicated 5kms, 2kms then 1km as we approached, then the reverse as we continued past where it should have been. Nevertheless we drove off into the bush on the rough roads marked on the same map. Sure enough, the roads soon took us into thick bushland and became narrower and narrower until fallen trees completely blocked our path. Our intrepid Sydney brother-in-law John Pickering insisted that the last 1.37kms should be walked, following what remained of the bush track. The track took us to a farm gate which was unlocked, and then up a long ridge past a cattle-loading area until we reached zero alongside a distinctive dead tree at the highest point. It was a great walk through beautiful hilly country with views on both sides of the ridge. Photos are worth viewing.

      That's 3 final March points for GeoTerriers and for Dashing Dog Mac, thanks Scout.

      http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GD81-YLUK