Chicken! - 5427 reached

  • BOB
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      I scored the first successful dash in Vermont on the
      morning of the 31st. Around 3:30 I arrived at the end
      of a driveway south of Burlington, VT, 340 meters from
      the zero point. Since it was so early in the morning,
      I decided to wait a few hours, so that I'd actually be
      able to ask if I had to walk into their back yard. So
      I headed back to the Interstate to sleep at a rest
      area until morning. I headed back around 8:30 am, and
      drove down the driveway. As I reached the end I
      reached 70 meters. Since there was an electric fence
      enclosing the point, I decided to be satisfied with 70
      m. On my way out the driveway, though, I noticed a
      bicycle leaning against the electric fence & the snow
      in such a way that the fence was probably grounded
      out. I decided that it wasn't worth getting out of
      the car to try to get closer.

      Three points for a first visit for me & Team GPS.

      Freedom and unity,

      BOB!!

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • BOB
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
        And of course, I forgot to mention the chickens.
        Between the driveway and the fence was a yard full of
        chickens, probably about 8-10 of them, who regarded me
        with curiousity as I pulled up.

        http://greetings.yahoo.com