Location: UK Location Flexible
Job Status: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Citizen or UK Work Permit Holder
Job Overview: An established provider of archiving and data
management software, services, and solutions in the lucrative oil &
gas industry seeks a Sales Account Manager to sell their leading
solutions in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Huge potential for
high financial rewards (OTE £100K +)
With installations worldwide
they have a solid platform and are now embarking on an exciting
The Company is a leading provider of rapid-access, near-line
information storage solutions to the petroleum industry and other
industries facing intensive data storage challenges. Their solutions
enable companies to compete more effectively by preserving strategic
data and reducing disk utilization and associated costs.
Partnering with leading companies they deliver the most advanced,
scalable and highest performing systems for preserving and rapidly
accessing data. The Company's longstanding history of data management
skills has added the extra value to the new range of generic data
management and ILM tools.
With a sales account/business management background, your primary
responsibility will be to devise and implement effective sales
strategies for oil client accounts, matching the company's
capabilities with their needs.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Managing Director in the UK:
· Become knowledgeable in the data management challenges in the
oil and gas industry. Understand the business and technical issues.
· Use your data management technical knowledge to articulate
the value proposition of the Company's products and services.
· Identify and close business in a timely manner.
· Assimilate client business and operational issues and, with
support from Company technical staff and directors, propose
comprehensive solutions and close the sale
· Contribute to the development of consistent sales
presentations & materials.
· Contribute to business development plans that meet Company
· To manage and communicate sales plans and forecasts
· Promote and champion data management solutions
· Develop strong relationships with key technical and
commercial personnel in E&P Companies within your region.
· Follow up leads and close opportunities in a timely manner.
· Represent the company at Trade Shows, conferences etc.
· Provide accurate and timely business development forecasts
The Company is expanding and this role offers immense scope and
autonomy for an individual with a strong sales background, to achieve
high financial reward, whilst providing career progression
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
· Degree desirable preferably in either Computer Science or
Earth Sciences. Sales Management or Business training highly
· Entrepreneurial individual with 5 years minimum experience in
a sales or business development role.
· Experience selling to the Oil and Gas Industry highly
advantageous, but not essential as strategic selling is key to the
· Previous experience selling high value-add technologies
and/or consultancy services essential.
· Background in data management or information storage
solutions highly advantageous.
· The technical aptitude to grasp quickly the challenges and
rewards of data management solutions and the ability to champion and
influence sales of this technology to your clients essential. Full
training will be provided.
· Experience working with senior level decision makers
· Strong business acumen the ability to devise, monitor,
manage and communicate strategic sales plans and forecasts
effectively and to develop wining proposals.
· Provable success in developing and closing opportunities.
· International work experience.
· Foreign Language(s) desirable but not essential.
· The unlimited ability to travel.
· The ability to articulate our value proposition to key
technical and commercial personnel within our prospective clients.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills.
Package: A base salary of £40K - £60K (GBP) plus an attractive
commission plan delivering an OTE circa £100k+ is on offer depending
on skills and experience.
To apply for this job forward your CV electronically to info@working-
smart.co.uk, detailing the job title and reference number. We would
also suggest that you forward a Cover Letter focused on your
experience in line with the requirements specified.