G&G Workflow Consultant - GSNG/WS/426
- Location: UK-Aberdeen
Job Status: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Citizens or UK Work Permit Holder
Job Overview: A leading International Service Company in the Oil
and Gas Industry seek a G&G Workflow Consultant.
With proven experience in the use of mainstream geophysical (and some
geological) applications and a strong knowledge of industry workflows
and `oil life cycle', you will identify and promote significant
business benefits in applying an integrated workflow approach to
their G&G activities.
Working with the Client's geoscientists you will first identify their
current work-flows, data flows, product integrations, technical and
business challenges. You will then design a workflow that will
optimise these criteria and present your proposal. You will work with
the geoscientist, transferring this knowledge and acting in an
advisory capacity as to how to best implement the agreed workflow.
Building upon existing relationships, you will strive to maintain and
improve the trust and respect of the geoscientists and deliver a high
level of customer satisfaction.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced geoscientist who
has strong technical and client facing skills, and who enjoys
developing solutions to optimise workflows.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the UK Assignment Manager your
responsibilities will involve
· Build upon existing relationships.
· Be proactive in understanding technical and business drivers
and problems of the Client's geoscience community.
· Develop effective workflows that meet varying needs.
· Keep abreast of your Company's current and future
developments and technological trends and ensure that these are
effectively communicated to the client, where relevant.
· Provide information from the client to relevant Company
personnel, with regard to recommendations, needs and potential for
the future development of technical solutions.
· Provide mentoring and support to more junior members of
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
· A degree in an Earth Science or related subject essential -
preferably in Geophysics.
· Minimum of 5 years Industry user experience essential,
preferably in a technical support or consultancy role.
· Previous experience in a leadership role, in assessing
technical/business requirements and the ability to succinctly convey
into concise recommendations advantageous.
· Previous experience in devising workflows highly
· Proven experience using Landmark's Seisworks and OpenWorks
· Broad experience across other industry technologies highly
· A solid understanding of the Oil Life Cycle and
knowledge/appreciation of the varying activities of disciplines and
how they interact.
· Good practical understanding of oil company data management.
· Excellent written technical and business English language
· Good interpersonal and organisational skills required;
adaptable, with a high degree of initiative. Must be able to handle
· Can work independently or under direct supervision.
· Outgoing and confident personality and a team player.
· Comfortable in dealing with challenging questions from
· Assertive with the ability to project confidence to clients.
· Must be service orientated.
Package: A salary of between £40K-£45K(GBP) plus Company
Benefits, is on offer dependent on skills and experience. The Company
operate a Bonus Scheme
Applications for this job are only accepted via www.working-
smart.co.uk. To review the full spec or Apply go to the Web Site,
Select `Job Seekers' `Review Jobs'.