Seismic Data Loader/Administrator - GSNG/WS/380
- Location: Holland
Job Status: Contract (Min 6 months - Potential 3 years)
Start Date: October/November timeframe
Interview Date: ASAP
Open To: EU Citizen or Dutch work permit holder.
Job Overview: A leading supplier of technology, project management
and information management solutions seeks a Seismic Data
The Company provides virtually every type of service to the upstream
exploration and production industry. Their consulting services
provide expert interpretation and consulting support throughout the
E&P cycle, from exploration to asset divestiture.
With relevant seismic data management technical skills, you will work
at the offices of a major oil company client, within a high profile
onsite Company Service Group, supporting different E&P Asset Teams.
Your primary responsibilities are two fold, a) you will provide data
loading as requested by the geoscientist and b) you will provide
seismic administration relating to technical/system operational tasks
and delivery to partners as required. Demands for services may not be
forecasted and you will maintain good relations with the
geoscientists, trying to be as proactive as possible.
You will deliver services in a timely and professional manner,
striving to achieve a high level of client satisfaction, throughout.
You will be self-motivated, work under minimal supervision, and work
well within the team environment.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Customer Sevices Group
Manner, your key responsibilities will be:
· Load SEG-Y and other workstation format seismic data to a
Trace Interpretation System (TIS) Environment (e.g. SeisWorks,
· Unload data from `Seismic Store' directly to the operational
· Maintain and manage the existing TIS projects on the system.
· Export and ship seismic data to partners and third parties
Manage seismic disk space.
· Maintain volume and horizon naming standards Archive and
restore TIS projects on request.
· Ensure seismic meta data is captured.
· Monitor and maintain PARS/Migrator and a hierarchical storage
management (HSM) system.
This position is initially for 6 months but this large project may
extend to 3 years so there may be an extension to the contract.
Working on a large data management project, the position offers scope
to further develop technical data management skills, excellent DM
work practices and possibly to extend skills across a diverse range
of software products.
Although this is a contract role, the Company's DM services are in
high demand and the Company are committed to reviewing your
performance for other DM or technical roles within their global
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
· An Earth Science degree or equivalent experience essential.
· Minimum of 2 years industry experience working in a data
management role essential.
· Good understanding of seismic data management activities
e.g. processing and acquisition workflows and geoscience domain
· Previous experience in loading seismic (SEGY) data essential.
· Experience loading seismic to some G&G applications essential
Open Works/Seis Works, or/and Petrel highly advantageous.
· Some experience of archiving and restoring of data using an
automated disk data management and project oriented back-up systems
advantageous (e.g. PARS Migrator).
· Experience working for an oil company or supporting asset
teams highly advantageous.
· Familiarity with ancillary seismic data (VSP, velocity, logs,
· Metadata collection and management.
· Disk space management experience essential.
· GIS and spatial data management related to seismic data
management highly desirable.
· Good Unix and PC Skills.
· Good information management skills and knowledge of
supportive technologies and systems.
· Team Player must work effectively by actively contributing
to the accomplishment of goals.
· Focus on Quality Control.
· Good client-facing skills The ability to communicate and
plan with the client at a technical level.
· Proactive service orientated.
· Flexibility in responding to changing schedules and locations.
· Positive attitude and problem solving approach.
· Good project management skills able to work to exacting
deadlines and times scales.
Package: An "all inclusive" Day Rate of between £250 - £290
(GBP) is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
Applications for this job are only accepted via www.working-
smart.co.uk. To apply go to the Web Site, Select `Candidates' `Review
Jobs'. Please ensure you upload a current copy of your CV and we
advise you also include a Cover Note supporting your application.