RE: [GeoIslam] Muslims and Corruption

  • Fahad Zuberi
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 29 11:42 PM

      Dear All:

      My brother Zulqarnain:

      The questions you asked are the questions that are present in almost every mind. I will try not to answer but to make you understand all your queries.

      1. There's a hadeeth whose narration is like Our prophet (PBUH) said Seek knowledge from Quran, if you not find answer there, follow the hadeeth, then Ijma and finally go for Qayas. Now tell me who will teach you the meanings of Holy Quran? The answer is a Mullah. Who knows almost ALL the Hadeeth and answer our queries in the light of Hadeeth (in other words fatwa)? the answer is a Mullah. To whom people refered for Ijma? Again the answer is Mullah. and who does Qayas? Mullah again. My brother, to gain knowledge from Quran and Hadeeth, we have to refer to these Mullahs who have specific knowledge in specific field of Islam. Just like one do specialization in medicine or in Business administration. Just like you cannot read books of medicine and accounting though they are written in simple English and need some tutor, similarly you cannot understand the meaning of Quran and Hadeeth, unless you refer to a "Mullah" or a scholar. By scholar i mean a certified scholar i.e. an Aalim.

      Before answering question No. 2 & 5, let me answer 3 & 4 first.

      You have answer in your question. Yes, any one can lead Namaz-Janaza and Juma Prayers, but IF he follows Islam according to the preaching of our Prophet (PBUH). There is a big IF lying in between. and again Mullah is the one who qualifies for this IF. Even if you start following Islam according to the teaching of our Prophet (PBUH) people will start calling you Mullah. Just take the example of having beard. Don't you call your friend a Mullah who has a beard according to Shariah? Or if you have your trousers above your ankles? These are the basics that we do not qualify. and Imamat needs much more. and yes there are no examples of taking salary against it in the times of our Prophet (PBUH) as far as i know, but there is no hadeeth which refrain them from taking salary. Why only religious knowledge is supposed to be taught free? Why not Engineering or Medicine should also be taught for the sake of Allah? Because learning Engineering or Medicine gives us monetary benefits, whereas learning Islam does not.

      Now coming to questions 2 & 5.

      2. Again this is the most common question that most of us have in our minds in today's world. And the reason is the war of media through which every other person is trying to promote his believes.

      This single line question requires pages and pages to answer, and might start a new debate. However i'll try to summarize and limit myself to my knowledge, without any biasness.

      Islam is the religion of all Muslims. We all follow Islam and Islamic rules and instructions as instructed and practiced by our Holy Prophet (PBUH). The Instructions of Allah are given through Quran and how to follow these instruction is practiced by our Prophet (PBUH). and sahabah followed it in the same way. As the time passes, there arised situations to which sahabah and Tabieen did Ijma and Qayas in the light of Quran and Hadeeth. Now different Sahabahs and Tabieen faced different situations and different solutions were summarized depending upon the place and conditions. The answers to these situations were the derivatives of the main instructions given in Quran and Hadeeth, and are the basis of further sub-divisions in Islam. Again let me write it that it is the derivatives which are the basis of division, not the main Instructions written in Quran and Hadeeth.

      The two main divisions are Sunni and Shia. I will stick to Sunni, as I don't have much knowledge of Shias.

      In Sunnis we have four big Imams - Imam Abu Hanifa, Imam Ahmed Bin Hambal, Imam Malik and Imam Shafi'i. Now the question arises why there are only four? The answer is that there are more than four but these four gather most of the teachings of Islam and present them in a compiled and written form that makes very easy for every Muslim to refer any of them. They do have difference in derivatives but share the main rules and teachings as common.

      The next questions arise is it necessary to follow them? and to follow only one of them? and if only one then whom to follow?

      The answer is yes, one must follow the instruction compiled as by them seek knowledge from the books they have written, because there are certain derivative conditions and situation to which we may not have direct answers from Quran and Hadeeth. All four are correct, One can follow any of them but can follow only one of them due to difference in the solutions to derivatives due to geographical conditions and other situations. If one is following Imam Abu-Hanifa, he must follow his teachings in all walks of life. Since our first school is our home and our fist hand religious education is taught by our parents, we have to follow the same school of thought. If my father is Hanfi, he would have taught me the basics of Hanfi, so i must follow all the instructions narrated by imam Abu-Hanifa in all walks of life. Same goes with Shafi'e or Hanbli or Malki. Now if i want to move from Hanfi to Shafi'i, i can BUT it is very difficult to gain all the basics of Shafi'i in one day which are taught over my childhood life of 15-20 years. Still if one wants, he can always move to other maslak, and start following teaching of other scchool of thought. But again, there is no COME & GO. It is prohibited in Islam. Stick to one.

      Following Ulemah, you can always refer to any Aalim of your school of thought. they will always have same opinion. Take one example, ask a simple question: Is it allowed in Islam to work in a conventional bank that is based on Interest? The answer will be NO, no matter whom you ask. Now if you ask this question: Is it allowed to work in an Islamic Bank? You might find different answers, because the definition of Islamic Bank is vague. But if you ask Is it allowed to work in a bank which is 100% Riba-free, the answer will be unanimous. Again, asking a question from Ulemah only guides you, and makes you obligatory to follow it since you are now aware of the answer. (though not knowing the answer is also not an excuse) but following the answer will be your own discretion. You have to answer to your own deeds on the day of judgement.

      The difference in opinions is not the problem with Ulemah. The problem is we ask questions in different ways. We ask one basic question, and after getting a NO to it, we start putting IF in it. and after putting many IFs we narrate the YES to the basic condition and forget the IFs.

      Hope I make you understand to all your questions. Still welcome the debate on any issue you like.

      May Allah guide us the right way.

      Regards,

      To: geoislam@yahoogroups.com
      From: zulqar18@...
      Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:58:02 +0000
      Subject: RE: [GeoIslam] Muslims and Corruption

      A.O.Alaykum to all my Muslim brothers and sisters.

      Dear Mr.Fahad Zubairi,

      I like your thought, but I have some questions and will be appreciate your reply..

      1) Did ALLH need us to obey him according to Quraan and Sahee hadith or
      to obey these day's Mullas??

      2) If all the Mullas are right...what is the reason that we are divided with different different SACTS.

      3) If we follow Islam according to Preaching of our Prophet P.B.O.H, dont you think that every muslim people
      should know and able to Lead Jamaat (salah) as well as Namaz-e-janaza / Jumma e.t.c. and perform only for the sake of Allah not for the Job/paid salary.

      4) Is there is any example that our Prophet nomited Imam respectively for all Mosque and fix their salary??

      5) If you think that one should take guidance from Ullama, so whom we should ask if different of openion amoung the Mullas??

      Hope I am able to make you understand on above.

      Allah Hafiz.
      Zulqarnain Khan.

      To: geoislam@yahoogroup s.com
      From: xuberi@hotmail. com
      Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 08:55:16 +0000

      Dear All:

      After reading the fatwa and the post-fatwa comments and discussion, my mind forced me to write something.

      But before writing anything over the subject, let me clarify that i am neither a mufti, nor a scholar, but only a weak Muslim who try to exercise Islam form the knowledge gained by my parents and forefathers and other resources.

      First let me start with the meaning of fatwa and its relevance and significance on the life of a Muslim. Fatwa is something that we seek from a Muslim scholar who has completed his 8-10 years of education, learning concepts of Islam, Hadees and Fiqah. Its not about just few courses, it is a complete 10 year program - the longest tenure of any professional studies in this world. and a Mufti or an Aalim is certified after passing the exams. This 8-10 year program is a certified program and is recognized all over the Muslim World. A Mufti, after being certified, then become eligible to give fatwa.

      Now coming to its relevance and significance. ... A Fatwa is given after and only after studying all the aspects of a given condition in the light of Islam and instructions of God, and the person who gave fatwa knows and claims the responsibility of all the answers he gives. IT IS NOT ABOUT GIVING FATWA WITHOUT KNOWING. Secondly, once a Fatwa is given, it is obligatory for every Muslim to follow it who come across the similar situation.

      Not following a fatwa will be your own decision, no one is forcing you. But you cannot say that the fatwa is wrong. Its just like a doctor, after looking at your ECG report advise you for a bypass operation, its upto you whether you want to go for the operation or not. You don't deny the doctor, or do you? saying that "operation has become the business of doctor. and that commercialization has killed the spirit of medicine, and Doctors use it for their own benefits".

      Excercising and practicing Islam is the sole discretion of every Individual Muslim and has nothing to do with the system whether you live in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia or USA. In Islam things are either wright or wrong. There are no grey areas in Islam. No conditional aspects. No situation based decisions. No time-based changes.

      If Riba is haram, it is Haram in all cases. It is now up to individual, how he can prevent himself from Riba. You have to answer God for your own deeds on the day of Judgement. and blaming the system will not be an excuse on that day. What you can do is make some efforts to change the system so that Allah "may" grant you the excuse for at least for your efforts.

      One should not stop studying accounting, but can used the knowledge to change thing to an Islamic way. The aim should be to make yourself and your organizations and your nation BIG rather than working in Big Organizations to make them even bigger.

      Why can't you have your own bank that is Riba Free? Make your own economical system instead of following others. Dictate your terms instead of following theirs. THINK BIG, We are not behind anyone. Study everything, but apply in your way, i.e. ISLAMIC WAY. Nothing is impossible, its all the matter of trying.

      Last but not the least... Learn Islam. Learn it to practice. and the only source are these Mollahs who are educated and are well qualified. They are the ones to whom we can seek guidance. They are most respectable. It is they who taught us the Holy Quran. It is a Mullah who wakes up daily at 4:30 in the morning whether in June or December and gives Fajr Azan and leads the prayers. It is a Mullah who leads five times prayers every day with exact punctuality of times. It is a Mullah who leads Friday Prayers. It is a Mullah who leads Taraweeh. It is a Mullah who gives bath to a dead and leads Namaz-e-Janazah. Nothing for their own benefit, but for the benefit of others. and in most cases without any compensation or against a very nominal fee. Just compare how much you pay for a Mullah who teaches your child the Holy Quran and a Tutor who teaches western education. The reason is obvious, because getting the western education is of much more importance than Holy Quran. Compare how much you pay for a school fee, that is used as a salary of teachers and other expenses of the school and the donation you give to a mosque for the salary of a Mullahs and other expenses of the mosque. Still we humiliate them by calling them MULLAH in a bad notion. Have you ever seen any christian or a jew calling his preachers in such a bad notion???

      May Allah help us and guide us the right way.

      regards,

      To: GeoIslam@yahoogroup s.com
      From: turkman@sbcglobal. net
      Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:58:43 -0700
      Subject: [GeoIslam] Muslims and Corruption

      Islam has become a Business for Mollaas. Commercialization of Islam has killed its spirit and it has become 'Possessed' by Evil Spirits. We have to Exorcise Islam. .

      shumaila khan <shumaila_afridi@ hotmail.com> wrote:

      Assalam o alaikom,

      I just want to say this is something which i want to tell on the radio to all pakistanies!
      There is Islam but for there owen benefits.
       When we talk about women rights: Every one have beautiful speech's to tell. But is that so in realty? NO!

      Molla's have always used islam for there owen benefits!

      Shumaila Khan

      To: GeoIslam@yahoogroup s.com
      From: turkman@sbcglobal. net
      Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 23:51:08 -0700

      Why don't you all move to Iran or Saudi Arabia, where they have Islamic Laws instead of bothering rest of people of your country, Pakistan, who have just voted the Religious Parties out of the only province that they had ruled for last 5 years?

      People of NWF Province had hated their corruption and imposition of Islamic Laws without public approval so much that some had prayed in their own Mosques for their demise. Sweets were distributed on the streets after their defeat and people were dancing on the streets.

      * Why don't you learn that ending Corruption has nothing to do with Islamic Laws since all advanced countries have hardly any corruption and none of them have Islamic Laws?
      * Why don't you learn that no country in the world has advanced because of its Religious Laws or System?
      * Why don't you learn, laws do not build Character of any Human, following the Basic Commands of God do?
      * Why don't you learn the Basics of Islam are not the so called Mollaa-invented '5 Pillars of Islam'?
      * Why don't you learn to be Moslims and build your character by following the Basic Commands of Allah that have not changed since days of Prophet Moses?
      * Why don't you learn that System or Laws mean nothing if whole society is made up of crooks?

      Cats, Dogs and other Animals can not become Moslims if Islamic System is imposed on them or can they?

      Innocent Sinner <djcyberwaq@hotmail. com> wrote:
      I dont see myself writing muslims should only work to attain islamic based system only in economy.. i did not even mention the word economical islamic system whereas i wrote the same as u wrote sister that we must work to acheive a state wehre islamic laws are implemented in reality.
      i totally disagree with you sister regarding such policy of fatwas being used as reminder. As i earlier said this action discourages muslms from education where we already are decades behind rest of the world.

      Peace.. Brother Waqas

      There is no God but Allah and Muhammad (pbuh) is the messenger of Allah

      From: sania.indian@ gmail.com

      It is the duty of every muslims to work for an islamic based system not only in economy but all walks of life. ie iqumat e deen as Allah ordered in Quran 42:13
      These fatwas are necessary ..to remind us that we are living in such society ...consists of more haram than halal. So we should know our duty and work for that

      From: mrali7@hotmail. com

      If this is the case then we should ask all Muslims students not to study accounts because there is no use/future, they will not be able to work in Big organizations (since they are dealing with banks).
      In such case how we will compete with other nations/countries. If no accountants then what is the solution. In such case we should not even open our accounts in banks
      because we are helping banks and giving them business. I really don’t mean to offend anyone but are we actually understanding the shariah and its true meanings according to the time.

      Ali Imran

      From: musman@kindasa. com

      Asalaamu alaykum wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu
      (Peace be upon you, and the mercy of Allaah and His blessings).
      Welcome to the e-mail list of the Islam Q&A website. There follows a list of today’s new questions

      1.     Ruling on working as an accountant in companies, institutions and factories.
      use link
      http://islamqa. com/index. php?ref=112175&ln=eng

      Question:
      What is the Islamic ruling on working as a legal accountant? Please give a detailed answer.

      Answer:
      Praise be to Allaah.
      The job of legal accountant is not free of some things that go against sharee’ah, for example:
      1.
      Cooperating in sin and transgression. That includes writing accounts for companies, factories and institutions that buy, sell and manufacture things that Allaah has forbidden, such as makers of alcohol and tobacco, and tourist hotels which approve of and encourage immoral actions.
      Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
      “Help you one another in Al‑Birr and At‑Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression�
      [al-Maa’idah 5:2]
      2.
      Recording and documenting riba. There is hardly any company or institution that does not have riba-based loans in its accounts, or riba-based accounts in the bank. The job of the accountant has to do with recording and watching these accounts. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who consumes riba and the one who pays it, the one who writes it down and the two who witness it, and he said: they are all the same. Narrated by Muslim (1598).
      The fatwas of the scholars mention one or both of these issues when giving the ruling on the job of accountant, unless the work is free of anything that goes against sharee’ah, in which case it is permissible.
      There follow a number of fatwas from the scholars giving the ruling on this job.
      (i)
      The scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas were asked:
      In the office of a legal accountant, we check the financial statements of institutions and companies, based on the company’s books, with the aim of submitting the results at the end of the financial year in the form of budgets and reports about the company’s financial situation, to be presented through the institution to a government department or bank, or to the zakaah and income departments. During the year we also keep watch on the finances of the institution to guard against tampering and embezzlement. I have a number of questions which I hope that you can answer:
      (a)
      In some cases, I may see details of their accounts and dealings with the banks. These accounts show debt i.e., the companies are required to produce them in order to get a loan from this bank or as the result of withdrawing more than they have in their account, which results in the bank charging interest for that, i.e. riba. The nature of our work involves showing this account with the others in the budget. That is based on the company’s books and bank accounts, and we cannot exclude it from the rest of the accounts. It has to be shown in order for the budget to be regarded as showing the real situation of the company. Is there any sin on us in that, and are we regarded as those who witness riba?
      (b)
      What is the ruling on preparing these budgets for these companies, as the office knows that they are going to be submitted to the bank in order to get a loan, but the office submits them to the company and the owner of the company submits them to the bank?
      (c)
      We did a study for a company based on a request from an organization that deals with commercial disputes, on the dealings of the company with the bank. This is based on bank statements submitted by the bank to the company. We showed the assets of the company without commission and their assets with commission. It was presented to the company so that they could submit it to the organization. Praise be to Allaah, the company was given only a little of that interest. Is it permissible to do such studies for our office? Please note that we have done two studies like this.
      They replied:
      It is not permissible for you to be an accountant because of what you have mentioned in your question, because that involves cooperating in sin and transgression. End quote.
      Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan.
      Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (15/20-22)
      (ii)
      They were also asked:
      I work for a man who deals in poultry feed, but he borrows money from the bank in order to do business, in return for interest that is agreed upon, and I work as an accountant. As part of my work I record the transactions with the bank and the bank interest that we have to pay according to the contract. What is the Islamic ruling on my work?
      They replied:
      This work is not permissible for you, because it involves cooperating in sin and transgression, and the one who works in that field is included in the hadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who cursed the one who consumes riba and the one who pays it, the one who writes it down and the two who witness it. Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh. End quote.
      Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (15/11, 12)
      (iii)
      Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:
      I am an accountant in a commercial company, and this company is compelled to take riba-based loans from the bank. I get a copy of the loan contract to prove what the company owes. Am I regarded as a sinner just because I keep a record of the contract without being involved in it.
      They replied:
      It is not permissible to cooperate with the company mentioned in riba-based transactions, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who consumes riba and the one who pays it, the one who writes it down and the two who witness it, and he said: they are all the same. Narrated by Muslim, and because of the general meaning of the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):
      “but do not help one another in sin and transgression�
      [al-Maa’idah 5:2]. End quote.
      Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (19/190).
      See also the fatwa of Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) concerning this job, in the answer to question no. 11315
      For more details please see the answer to question no. 103181
      And Allaah knows best.

      2.     Can he give fatwas based on what he hears or reads?.
      use link
      http://islamqa. com/index. php?ref=111861&ln=eng

      Question:
      If someone asks me about an Islamic issue, should I give him an answer according to what I read in Islamic books or heard on Islamic tapes or programs? Or shall I say I do not know?.

      Answer:
      Praise be to Allaah.
      If someone asks you a question and you know the ruling on it from books and tapes whose authors are trustworthy, or from a trustworthy program, then it is obligatory for you to tell them of the shar’i ruling, because if you know the ruling from the sources we have mentioned, then it is an obligation for you to tell people of the shar’i ruling if you are asked, otherwise you will be included among those who conceal knowledge. But it is good if you say “So and so said such and such in such and such a programâ€� or “So and so said on such and such a tapeâ€� or “So and so said in such and such a bookâ€� so that you will be absolved of responsibility.  End quote.

      3.     Should women be prevented from taking their children to the mosque?.
      use link
      http://islamqa. com/index. php?ref=111902&ln=eng

      Question:
      Is it permissible to ban women from taking their children to the mosque with them for Taraweeh prayer?.

      Answer:
      Praise be to Allaah.
      Women should not be banned from bringing their children to the mosque in Ramadaan, The Sunnah indicates that women used to come to the mosque, bringing their children, at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because of the hadeeth “I start to pray, intending to make it long, then I hear the crying of a child so I make it short lest I cause hardship to his mother.â€� And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) carried Umaamah during an obligatory prayer when he was leading the people in prayer in the mosque.
      But they have to try to protect the mosque from najaasah (impurities) and also pay attention to the children’s rights such as sleep and so on. End quote.
      Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem (may Allaah have mercy on him).
      Fataawa al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem (4/214).
      See also the fatwa of Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) concerning that in the answer to question no. 11605.

      4.     Competing to carry the bier.
      use link
      http://islamqa. com/index. php?ref=13699&ln=eng

      Question:
      I notice in many Muslim funerals men rush to carry the bier and push others away. They run in from the back and those at the front move away so that many men can carry the bier. I ask them why they do this and they say the basis for this is that more people can get blessings for carrying the bier. This seems somewhat unusual because it makes it very likely that the body will actually be dropped and sometimes this indeed occurs. Is there any basis for this practice in Islam?

      Answer:
      Praise be to Allaah.
      What is narrated in saheeh reports from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is that it is Sunnah to follow the funeral. Al-Bukhaari and Muslim narrated in their Saheehs from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The duties of a Muslim towards his fellow Muslim are five: to return his greeting, visit him when he is sick, follow his funeral, accept invitations and say ‘Yarhamuk-Allaah (May Allaah have mercy on you) when he sneezes).’â€�
      They also narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever attends a funeral and prays over the deceased will have one qeeraat (of reward), and whoever attends until the deceased is buried will have two qeeraats.â€� He was asked, ‘What are these two qeeraats?â€� He said, “Like two huge mountains.â€�
      Undoubtedly whoever carries the bier or helps to carry it until the deceased is buried will attain this great reward and more, for even if there were no saheeh hadeeth concerning this matter, the general principles of sharee’ah indicate that carrying the bier of a Muslim is prescribed in Islam, because it involves treating the deceased with kindness. But if that kind treatment will lead to the problem of people pushing and shoving, as mentioned in the question, then warding off that evil takes precedence over trying to do good.  The reward of the one who hopes to gain reward by carrying the bier is not greater than the reward for the one who forsakes it out of consideration towards his Muslim brothers, and not because he is incapable of doing it.

      Shaykh Sa’d al-Humayd.

      We ask Allaah the Most High, the All-Powerful, to teach us that which will benefit us, and to benefit us by that which we learn. May Allaah grant blessings and peace to our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions
      cid:image002.gif@01C8919A.4D90B760

      With Kind Regards
      Mohammad Usman
      Jeddah
      SAUDI ARABIA

      Learn right knowledge, do righteous good deeds, recommend one another to the truth & observe patience. (Al-Asr:03)

      Find out: SEEK Salary Centre Are you paid what you're worth?

      Find out: SEEK Salary Centre Are you paid what you're worth?
    • ZULQARNAIN KHAN
      Message 2 of 22 , May 3, 2008
        A.O.Alaykum,

        Dear Brother Mr.Fahad Zubairi,

        After compliments, Thank you very much for your detail reply. Jazak-Allah-o-khayr.

        I have one further question.

        According to Quran..Sora-e-Baqara 173ayath: Mafhoom: mayre ayaat ko haqeer mawzay ki awas mat baychoo....

        and Hadith: Quraan parhoo aur uss ko payth ka zarya (zarya-maash) naa banaw.

        In the light of above reference, we have clear instructions not to take mony/salary against teaching quraan
        as well as Namaaz / fatwa e.t.c.

        Appreciate your comments on above.

        With best regards,
        Zulqarnain.
        -----------

        Zulqarnain Khan.
        (Shakeel)
        Muscat - Oman
        Voice : +968-99237206

        To: geoislam@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 22 , May 6, 2008

          AOA all.

          Dear Brother Zulqarnain:

          I couldn't search for the hadeeth you quoted as there's no reference, however, I will answer to your question with reference to the Ayat you referred.

          There are 2 Ayahs: 2:41 and 2:173. If you look at the background (shan-e-nuzool) of both these ayahs and read at the tafseer (i referred to tafseer-e-Mazhari and tafseer-e-Usmani) it was revealed as a result of the action performed by Jews. They used to receive gifts and other things for preaching their holy book "Toraat" and changed the words of their holy books in contrast to qualities of our Holy Prophet (PBUH) written in their book, for the sake of money they used to get against their preaching, which they were feared for not getting instead.

          There are at many other places the subject matter is repeated in the Holy Quran. One must always see the shan-e-nuzool of every ayat rather than transliterating the meanings, as always quoted by Dr. Zakir Naik. (i am not favoring or disfavoring him, as i see another debate going in parallerl).

          As i dig deep further in the topic, as i found it a concerned on my part as well, what i found is the comments on another thread which i am copying as it is.

          __________________

          (5) As for the question of taking a wage for teaching the verses of the Holy Quran or for reporting them correctly, verse 41 is not concerned with the matter. But it is an important question in itself whether it is permissible to accept wages for teaching the Holy Quran There is a divergence of views among the Fuqaha (jurists) in this matter Imam Malik Imam As-Shafii and Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, consider such wages to be permissible, while the great Imam Abu Hanifa and some other jurists hold them to be impermissible, for the Holy Prophet has forbidden the use of the Holy Quran as a means of livelihood. But there has been a radical change in the circumstances since then. Formerly, those who taught the Holy Quran used to receive a subsistence Allowance from the Baytul-Mal, or the public exchequer of the Islamic state. But since Islamic society fell into a disorder, they lost their financial support. The teaching of the Holy Quran to children being a full-time job, the teachers could not turn to difficult professions without interrupting this essential chain of transmitting the Word of Allah from generation to generation.

          In view of this situation, the jurists of the Hanafi school declared it permissible to accept wages for teaching the Holy Quran According to Hidayah, the famous book of Hanafi code, this should be the rule (fatal) these days. Later jurists have extended the permission to similar duties like leading Sal-ah (Imamah ), calling for prayers (adhan), teaching the H. adlth and the Fiqh, etc., for they are related to the teaching of the Holy Quran and the survival of Islam equally depends on them. (see al-Durr al-Mukht|r, al-shami)

          Quoted from:  http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32842&page=3

          __________________

          It was last Sunday, when Maulana Abdul Rauf Sakharwi, a famous scholar of Pakistan and writer of many Islamic books, in his lecture at Bait-ul-Mukarram Masjid, Karachi discussed the same topic and emphasized on paying much more salary to Imam, Muazzin, and scholars. "If you pay them like PKR 80,000 per month, you will find the best of the best among them", he quoted.

          In my opinion they should be paid even more than private doctors and top lawyers. Since the benefits we are getting from these people is much more than those who have secular jobs. And leading the prayers 5 times in a day, from morning until evening is not an easy job either.

          regards,

          To: geoislam@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 22 , May 7, 2008
            I have read somewhere that the word  Riba as used in Holy Quran and many hadiths  covers all sorts of  gain by  unethical means and  encompasses bribery, profiteering etc and not merely  illegally high rate of  interest or usury. That is why Allah has declared war against Riba eaters and harsh punishment is indicated.

            There are many verses in which bribery and corruption are indicated in different words and phrases of Quran. For instance:
            2:188] And do not eat up your property among yourselves for vanities, nor use it as bait for the judges, with intent that ye may eat up wrongfully and knowingly a little of (other) people's property.

            4:10] Those who unjustly eat up the property of orphans, eat up a Fire into their own bodies: They will soon be enduring a Blazing Fire!

            In some case briber can be treated as thievery and you know what Quran says
            about cutting the hands of thief.But in case of corrupt politicians of this age perhaps the punishment of cutting hands and tongue would be too small!
            But God knows better!
            nsi

            ____________ ______

            To: geoislam@yahoogroup s.com

            From: musman@kindasa. com

[...]

            If someone asks you a question and you know the ruling on it from books and tapes whose authors are trustworthy, or from a trustworthy program, then it is obligatory for you to tell them of the shar’i ruling, because if you know the ruling from the sources we have mentioned, then it is an obligation for you to tell people of the shar’i ruling if you are asked, otherwise you will be included among those who conceal knowledge. But it is good if you say “So and so said such and such in such and such a program” or “So and so said on such and such a tape” or “So and so said in such and such a book” so that you will be absolved of responsibility.  End quote.

            3.     Should women be prevented from taking their children to the mosque?.
            use link
            http://islamqa. com/index. php?ref=111902&ln=eng

            Question:
            Is it permissible to ban women from taking their children to the mosque with them for Taraweeh prayer?.

            Answer:
            Praise be to Allaah.
            Women should not be banned from bringing their children to the mosque in Ramadaan, The Sunnah indicates that women used to come to the mosque, bringing their children, at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because of the hadeeth “I start to pray, intending to make it long, then I hear the crying of a child so I make it short lest I cause hardship to his mother.” And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) carried Umaamah during an obligatory prayer when he was leading the people in prayer in the mosque.
[...]

            They also narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever attends a funeral and prays over the deceased will have one qeeraat (of reward), and whoever attends until the deceased is buried will have two qeeraats.” He was asked, ‘What are these two qeeraats?” He said, “Like two huge mountains.”
            Undoubtedly whoever carries the bier or helps to carry it until the deceased is buried will attain this great reward and more, for even if there were no saheeh hadeeth concerning this matter, the general principles of sharee’ah indicate that carrying the bier of a Muslim is prescribed in Islam, because it involves treating the deceased with kindness. But if that kind treatment will lead to the problem of people pushing and shoving, as mentioned in the question, then warding off that evil takes precedence over trying to do good.  The reward of the one who hopes to gain reward by carrying the bier is not greater than the reward for the one who forsakes it out of consideration towards his Muslim brothers, and not because he is incapable of doing it.

            (Message over 64 KB, truncated)
          • ZULQARNAIN KHAN
            Message 5 of 22 , May 7, 2008
              A.O.Alaykum to all my Muslim brothers and sisters.

              Dear Brother Fahad Zubairi,

              Many thanks for your kind reply with references.

              God bless you.
              Allah Hafiz,

              Zulqarnain Khan.

              To: geoislam@yahoogroups.com