FW: Capt. Levi Harby - Patriot

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2013

      Ladies and Gentlemen ...

      We are working on obtaining a Historical Marker for the grave of Capt. Levi Harby who is buried in the Jewish Cemetery in Galveston, Texas ...

      This year, the cost of the marker has gone up in price ....

      Capt. Harby served in uniform as a U.S. Navy midshipman beginning in the War of 1812, Texas Navy, U.S. Revenue Service, through Confederate service during the War Between the States and was an active participant in the Battle of Galveston aboard the CSS Neptune ...

      Full copy of the draft narrative is available if you will send me an e-mail ...

      We need to raise approx $2,500 to cover costs / expenses ...

      Make checks payable ... Texas Star Chapter, DRT .... and mail to me at the below address ...

      All donations appreciated ....

      Lynna Kay Shuffield - P. O. Box 16604 - Houston, Texas 77222 ~~

        Telephone: 713/692-4511 (home)

      FaceBook

      Oran M. Roberts Chapter 440, UDC

      Texas Star Chapter, DRT

      Admiral, Texas Navy

      Our Loose Ends - Genealogy Column

      Milam County, Texas - Genealogy

      Atascocita-Kingwood Genealogical Society

      Find-a-Grave Contributor: 46876371

      Daughters of the American Revolution - At-Large Member

      -- DAR Genealogy Consultant

      -- DAR Volunteer Field Genealogist