FamilySearch Database public

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2013
      FamilySearch Makes "Family Tree" Database Available to the Public
      FamilySearch has made its "Family Tree" database available to the public.
      Previously only authorized Mormons had access. In looking at the content, it
      is a mystery to me why the information initially was available exclusively
      to members of the faith. The content appears to be nothing more than the
      content of previous databases. When searching for members of my family, the
      only results were from a family tree I submitted many years ago to Ancestral
      File, a Mormon Church database of family trees.

      Family Tree is a Geni/MyHeritage-like environment in which users can start
      family trees and/or update incorrect information and add people to existing
      trees. It can be accessed from the FamilySearch home page
      https://www.familysearch.org by clicking the words "Family Tree" at the top
      of the page.