FW: [safrica] IGRA new search engine

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2013
      IGRA Israel Genealogy Research Association has released its new search
      engine for the AID (All Israel Databases) section
      http://genealogy.org.il/AID/.
      In July, at the IAJGS International Conference in Paris, IGRA was awarded
      the Stern Grant with the intent that these monies to be used to develop a
      bi-lingual search engine to improve our website. We contracted with Brooke
      Schreier Ganz and worked closely with her to build what we hope will be a
      much improved search experience. Rose Feldman, Carol Hoffman, Daniel
      Horowitz, Garri Regev and Philip Trauring have each given from their special
      fields to make this possible. We believe we bring you now a balanced
      assortment of databases from the Ottoman, British and Israeli
      Administrations, relating to communities from the north to the south, and in
      many different fields. Some of the databases are in English but most are in
      Hebrew, with a few additional languages as well. Each database is presented
      in the language of the material found. The search engine, however, is able
      to understand both English and Hebrew and will bring you matches in both
      languages even if you only entered the name in one language.

      There is a virtual keyboard if you do not have a Hebrew keyboard and want to
      use one.

      You will notice that in addition to entering the names you are searching
      there are possible filters on the right side of the page to help you fine
      tune your search. Try them out!! Adding more or taking them away is quite
      simple. Our databases and search engine page is available to all registered
      users of our website (free).
      Please be sure to log in. You will be alerted if you do not have permission
      to access information. Due to restrictions from the various archives we
      have had to layer the accessibility of our databases. There are databases
      available to everyone. Some of our databases allow you to search but not to
      see all of the details. Other databases are only for paid IGRA members. The
      same is true for the images of the databases. Almost all of the images have
      been added and more will be added in the coming days.

      Register now - Webinar, January 13, 2013 (8pm Israel, 1pm EST, 10am
      PST) - Navigating the All Israel Database Search Engine (English):
      https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/180663814

      Carol Hoffman
      Tel Aviv