FW: [jri-pl] Thank you for your heartening response.

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2012
      The response to our post about future cooperation between the Polish State Archives and Jewish Records Indexing - Poland has been overwhelming.

      While we anticipated an air of excitement over this update, we could hardly have expected what JRI-Poland Treasurer Sheila Salo has called the "blizzard" of donations and, I should add, the many private congratulatory messages.

      Thanks to the generosity by JRI-Poland researchers, it will be possible for us to make an early start on the indexing of records for a number of towns in Poland and former Galician towns now in the Ukraine.

      Finally, I would like to add a personal note. While I signed the announcements that appeared on the JRI-Poland, JewishGen and Gesher Galicia lists, the success of JRI-Poland must be attributed to the dedication and competence of those with whom I am honored to share leadership - executive committee members Judy Baston, Mark Halpern, and Michael Tobias, and the entire JRI-Poland board.

      All of the board members wear other hats and have various responsibilities in helping JRI-Poland reach its goals. I would like to mention these others, Jeffrey Cymbler, Howard Fink, Alan Greenberg, Peter Jassem, Roni Liebowitz, Hadassah Lipsius, Robinn Magid, Wlodzimierz Rozenbaum, Sheila Salo, Susan Stone and Daniel Wagner.

      And, I might add, thanks must also go to the both the Archive Coordinators and Town Leaders who tirelessly fundraise for the indexing of their towns' records and share their knowledge about their town with their fellow researchers.

      Stanley Diamond
      Executive Director, Jewish Records Indexing - Poland