FW: [litvaksig] Kovno Gubernia, Kaunas city, all-Lithuania directories newly searchable
- The following Lithuanian directories, sourced from the Lithuanian Virtual
Electronic Heritage System (www.epaveldas.lt), are now full-text searchable
at http://genealogyindexer.org (search results link to images):
* Kovno Gubernia Commemorative Books for 1899, 1902, 1908, 1909, 1911, 1914,
1915 + two addenda for the 1871 edition
* Kaunas (City) Address Directories for 1930, 1932, 1933
* Kaunas (City) Medical Directories for 1928, 1929
* 1941 Lithuanian SSR Nationalized Businesses
* 1930 Lithuanian Primary School Teachers Directory
Apart from the all-Russian Empire directories announced last week (Vsia
Rossiia), these are the first Lithuanian additions to my search engine in
The Kovno Gubernia directories are written in Russian, but you can enter a
Latin script search term if you use an automatic transliteration option
("Add Latin -> Cyrillic," which is the default, or "Only Latin ->
Cyrillic"). Or, you can search in Cyrillic.
Incidentally, www.epaveldas.lt has a full-text search option for some of its
collection (but not the above, apparently), accessible through the "Advanced
Search" or "Isplestine paieska" option under the "Search" or "Ieskoti"
near Washington, D.C.